Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

Studio 8 apparently
Same director as Northmen the viking film which had quite a large budget if memory serves

Mmm.

Bit worrying that. Very flash-in-the-pan, that film "The Northman".

However Eggers, the director, made "The Lighthouse", which was alright, with Willem Dafoe. The trailer has echoes of the A24 production style, which is what made me ask the question.

I look forward to it, actually.

Metropolis made with today's SFX.
The Great Dictator.
Battleship Potemkin.
The Passion of Joan of Arc.
Citizen Kane set in the near future.
High Noon.
Night of The Hunter.
The Sword of Doom.
Nooooo. Yes; the effects in it are very basic and clunky, compared to today's technology. But, in my opinion, that's part of it's appeal. To me, anyway. Same with Close Encounters. I dread Hollywood doing an effects laden reboot of it. Leave well alone.

Metropolis made with today's SFX.
The Great Dictator.
Battleship Potemkin.
The Passion of Joan of Arc.
Citizen Kane set in the near future.
High Noon.
Night of The Hunter.
The Sword of Doom.

I used to watch "Metropolis" over and over, I was so mesmerised!! Maybe I'm biased from that love, that I can't see where anyone would take it and still follow the original's arc. I mean, the only way it happens these days, is by being gritty, dystopian and dark.

But that would make it like everything else that was influenced by it!

I loved Chaplin in "The Great Dictator", but there's no way that could be remade!

"Battleship Potemkin"? I have heard of it, but never watched it. But reading the synopsis, I agree, it would make an excellent re-telling.

I've never heard of this film, but "The Passion of Joan of Arc" is obviously the story we all know. I would like to see this re-done in a totally different setting.

Do you think "Citizen Kane" can be bettered? I'm really not sure we have the directors, these days, with the vision or gravitas to pull it off.

"High Noon" is untouchable in my opinion.

"Night of The Hunter" is one I will have to watch. Was never a fan of Robert Mitchum.

"The Sword of Doom"! I'm embarrassed to say I haven't watched this film ever! I have no idea why! Well, maybe because I had watched a copious amount of sword films, at one point, they all seem to be similar-ish! But, that was years ago and it's time I put it on my list!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.