Moyes' Marvels vs Olympiakos

avoidconfusion said:
I am actually really happy they progressed cos that means they might keep Moyes!

You're happy that they're still in the competition? They were not going to get rid of him at all.

They could get to the final by beating two of Chelsea, Dortmund and Atletico which is doable all piss-taking aside. 2-2 and 1-1 type or parking the bus and sneaking one.

They'd be massive underdogs in the final but the problem with a final is that it's a one off.

The ray of hope is that they are not even looking as half-decent as we did in 2005, let alone Chelsea of two years ago. But they still have match winners in De Gea, Rooney, and RVP.

Them still in the UCL? Unlike most of you, I don't like.

superseiyan said:
avoidconfusion said:
I am actually really happy they progressed cos that means they might keep Moyes!

You're happy that they're still in the competition? They were not going to get rid of him at all.

They could get to the final by beating two of Chelsea, Dortmund and Atletico which is doable all piss-taking aside. 2-2 and 1-1 type or parking the bus and sneaking one.

They'd be massive underdogs in the final but the problem with a final is that it's a one off.

The ray of hope is that they are not even looking as half-decent as we did in 2005, let alone Chelsea of two years ago. But they still have match winners in De Gea, Rooney, and RVP.

Them still in the UCL? Unlike most of you, I don't like.
Seriously? They couldn't even do Sunderland over two legs and nothing has changed from then (except Moyes doesn't have Mata to misuse in CL). They only got 3 against the Greeks because Perez had more chance of hitting the back of the top tier than the back of the net, De Gea pulled off some great saves, and their goalie decided to give van Persie a free tap in for the free kick. United will not progress any further, despite what they and the media are saying today. Deep down they know they are shite and it is really a question of how much deference they will show to the old soak's choice of the Chosen One as to when Moyes will be moved on. Anyway, let's see what happens Tuesday. Like Liverpool did (and Olympiakos but without result), we are capable of ripping them to shreds, and - as any rag will tell you - we've never even got to the quarter finals of the CL (a useless fact that feeds their delusion)...

tbh they did what they had to last night albeit against lesser competition but there players actually turned up and de gea was fantastic last night... still they will get shown up in the next round though and make them look like a league 2 side should they get real

heres hoping!

Blue Maverick said:
Olympiakos ran them ragged, if they'd had a decent centre forward game would have been over by half time, plus De Gea using his legs again saved them. I honestly think if we are up for it on Tuesday we could humiliate them more than the 6-1, honestly I think it will be 3-1 but we will totally control it, either that or someone will get sent off and ruin the game for us.

Last two games have proved what a cart horse Jones is. At times last night he looked like he was set in concrete and it was only some piss poor finishing that kept them in the tie. On Sunday Suarez ran him ragged both technically and physically. It was hilarious to see Suarez using all 5' 7" of himself to knock the 6' plus, 14 stone England international, right on his arse. Man U are probably the 9th best team left in the last 8, given that Barcelona's second string would give them a doing.

avoidconfusion said:

I was thinking the same. I was actually wishing the Greeks wouldn't get that goal. I wouldnt be surprised if a few rags fans were thinking the same.

Nah fuck it, on second thoughts i would've been laughing my arse off if they had got that goal.

Was a bit downbeat this morning cause the Greeks couldn't find the net, even though the scum tried their hardest to concede, so went on th eredcafe to cheer myself up and my happiness is now restored. Some gems to laugh at:

"Isn't there a route into the CL in 2015/16 if you win the Europa League?", now there confidence for you

"How strong is this year's last 8 by the way? Rare to see this much quality in depth in Europe I think.
We're the only weak link but we're a huge name"
Well, you'll obviously fucking win it then

And my favourite "Never know, we could win the next 2 league games, go on a winning run and be in red hot form, back with self belief by the time the next CL game comes.

Stranger things have happened. And worse sides than us this year have won it before.

At least the season is not completely over and we still have some silver to dream about.

Brilliant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.