Mr Bates vs the Post Office

Watching Zahawi was so funny because he is normally the bumbling idiot stammering and bullshitting in the face of the simplest question and defending the indefensible.

It was like a fantasy performance for him, where for once he got to be the person asking the incisive questions and seeming in charge, instead of his normal blithering incompetence as the subject of interviews

I would love to see the clip of him at at the actual hearing to see if he was really as strong on the questioning as he is made out to be in the drama. I did find some of the transcript of what he said and it seems like he may have been good on this.
You can hear a recording of it on the podcast (episode seven or eight)
It's repeated exactly in the drama

Watching Zahawi was so funny because he is normally the bumbling idiot stammering and bullshitting in the face of the simplest question and defending the indefensible.

It was like a fantasy performance for him, where for once he got to be the person asking the incisive questions and seeming in charge, instead of his normal blithering incompetence as the subject of interviews

I would love to see the clip of him at at the actual hearing to see if he was really as strong on the questioning as he is made out to be in the drama. I did find some of the transcript of what he said and it seems like he may have been good on this.
He was mate, I’ve seen it. There’s an hour long documentary with the real people telling their stories (iPlayer ?). Worth a watch.

Good, I don’t rate the guy at all and have always been amazed that he achieved high office but credit to him if he is going to support the right side in this.

This should not be a party political issue, it is a matter of correcting a huge miscarriage of justice and a matter of basic humanity.

I think it's one of the things that means that something will happen quickly - people from all sides are furious and solidly together.

Normally when a Company outsources an activity, the responsibility and accountability still stays with them. As BP found out with the big oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. There may be grounds for the PO to take action against Fujitsu but they would be working strictly to the instructions of the Post Office and the recourse of the postmasters would be against the PO.
Spot on. You don’t outsource your business to an IT company: just the IT. Believe me Fujitsu have delivered far worse products and service than the Horizon hardware and software albeit this too was a bag of shite from day 1. The PO had service penalties built into the contract and no doubt recouped loads off Fujitsu every month end for crap service, they could and should have put FJ in breach of contract and fucked them off. I fukin hate FJ but they would have been compromised and unable to comment albeit they get their chance next week which will be interesting. If they’d come out during the debacle then they would have compromised their position as a major govt supplier a bit like the NHS debacle where they had to right off £400m or lose any chance of renewals of big contracts with HMRC and the likes or win new govt business

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.