Mr Bates vs the Post Office

Debate on media outlets today claiming Fujitsu should be solely responsible for paying all the compo and not tax payers.

I think that is unavoidable because the PO imo are more to blame that Fujitsu.

Had this been managed professionally and, in a timey manner, then we wouldn't be facing this issue
Normally when a Company outsources an activity, the responsibility and accountability still stays with them. As BP found out with the big oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. There may be grounds for the PO to take action against Fujitsu but they would be working strictly to the instructions of the Post Office and the recourse of the postmasters would be against the PO.

I find it sickening that if it wasnt for a tv programme these MP's on all sides were ignoring the scandal.

If you bring in a new system and than 100's seem to stealing that should have rung alarm bells.

We need those that knew and are responsible to be in court.
Setting any party politics aside, I think the ex-Tory MP Arbuthnot comes out of this affair very well as does Zahawi but Ed Davey not so much !

I find it sickening that if it wasnt for a tv programme these MP's on all sides were ignoring the scandal.

If you bring in a new system and than 100's seem to stealing that should have rung alarm bells.

It had appeared, periodically, on Sky News for about 2 or 3 years.
Even then you could see the sheer debacle and hear the people's stories.

I agree though, it seems that only this TV programme really gave those people a voice.

Absolutely sodding awful.

Normally when a Company outsources an activity, the responsibility and accountability still stays with them. As BP found out with the big oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. There may be grounds for the PO to take action against Fujitsu but they would be working strictly to the instructions of the Post Office and the recourse of the postmasters would be against the PO.
I agree the Postmasters claim is against the Post Office, not Fujitsu. I know we, as tax payers will be paying to get this sorted through either direct compo and PO legal fees to take on Fujitsu

Setting any party politics aside, I think the ex-Tory MP Arbuthnot comes out of this affair very well as does Zahawi but Ed Davey not so much !
Watching Zahawi was so funny because he is normally the bumbling idiot stammering and bullshitting in the face of the simplest question and defending the indefensible.

It was like a fantasy performance for him, where for once he got to be the person asking the incisive questions and seeming in charge, instead of his normal blithering incompetence as the subject of interviews

I would love to see the clip of him at at the actual hearing to see if he was really as strong on the questioning as he is made out to be in the drama. I did find some of the transcript of what he said and it seems like he may have been good on this.

And even more worrying is that the Police were not interested.

You expect politicians to be swayed by publicity, but the facts have been established for a long time and yet the police have never really wanted to do anything until now. As posted above, it was the PO stealing from the sub-postmasters, not the other way round, so the Police shouldhave been involved.

Watching Zahawi was so funny because he is normally the bumbling idiot stammering and bullshitting in the face of the simplest question and defending the indefensible.

It was like a fantasy performance for him, where for once he got to be the person asking the incisive questions and seeming in charge, instead of his normal blithering incompetence as the subject of interviews

I would love to see the clip of him at at the actual hearing to see if he was really as strong on the questioning as he is made out to be in the drama. I did find some of the transcript of what he said and it seems like he may have been good on this.

He was on the case in Parliament today - "just pass a law, get on with it".

He was bud, it’s on ‘Mr Bates v The Post Office, the real story’, plenty of interviews with the real people too .

He was on the case in Parliament today - "just pass a law, get on with it".
Good, I don’t rate the guy at all and have always been amazed that he achieved high office but credit to him if he is going to support the right side in this.

This should not be a party political issue, it is a matter of correcting a huge miscarriage of justice and a matter of basic humanity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.