much credit to the rag fans.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/rival-fans-poke-fun-manchester-1753964" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-1753964</a>

quiet_riot said:
Makes some shit threads this fella, doesn't he?

Just my observations sweetcheeks, you don't have to click on them.
A tip, this forum always let's you know the op of any thread. Handy little thing don't you think.

The thing is with these Cockernee rags is that there's so facking many of them its quite possible not the same ones making the regular fortnightly journey. One week it could be the Essex branch, the next the Surrey, followed by Sussex lot and on it goes.

de niro said:
bgblue said:
7unenuvu.jpg

Wankers the lot if em

maybe so but credit where credit is due thats a fucking trek every week.

No more than some of us do Bill, just not in huge numbers like them lot.

Aye, it's a pain in the arse of a journey. But didn't we have this same discussion a month ago, when you were asked to explain how you knew they didn't get on at Crewe, Macclesfield or Stockport?

Summat like 15% of rag season ticket holders come from Cheshire. Don't reckon all 11,400 of them drive to the swamp? Specially the ones who like a gargle.

blimp reeny said:
Aye, it's a pain in the arse of a journey. But didn't we have this same discussion a month ago, when you were asked to explain how you knew they didn't get on at Crewe, Macclesfield or Stockport?

Summat like 15% of rag season ticket holders come from Cheshire. Don't reckon all 11,400 of them drive to the swamp? Specially the ones who like a gargle.

Good point, some do it from the Cotswolds Devon etc by coach and in big numbers. Fuck me thats an even greater sacrifice. Add the trains the cars and coaches together and that is an awful lot of people coming up every week. No wonder my mates ( mancs) can't get near a ticket.

It's a lot easier when your team's been winning things for twenty years.

GAZZA said:
It's a lot easier when your team's been winning things for twenty years.

Its not their team though is it, its my mates team, my neighbour's team, they've just latched on to them because they were winning things.trust me they would not do that journey to watch a defeat. Why drive past say 20 other teams grounds on your doorstep?

That lot have plenty of loyal OOT fans. These could be exiles or people who chose united as a kid. We are the same and I do respect anyone who follows their team from a distance as it is bloody expensive. Most rags are happy for OOT's to attend if they are loyal, understand the clubs and manchesters history and have a genuine love for the club.

However they actively encourage glory hunters to attend as they spend more at the game, I bet they even get preference for tickets. My mate gave up his ST years ago as he was forced to buy cup games and he can't go to evening games due to work (local) He now has a membership and very rarely gets lucky in the ballot for big games and why would he. His match day experience is a beer in town, tram to the game and out in town after so he spends around forty to fifty quid. Why would they give him a ticket when they can bus in a tourist, drop them at the megastore, make them buy food in the ground, bundle in a program and double the revenue. They don't care if he doesn't go again as there is a queue of them waiting.

What is the net result, my mate is actually starting to hate the club he used to love. I wasn't at the Madrid vs City game but understand it was tourist central. I hope we do not end up like that lot but fear it is just around the corner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.