much credit to the rag fans.

de niro said:
GAZZA said:
It's a lot easier when your team's been winning things for twenty years.

Its not their team though is it, its my mates team, my neighbour's team, they've just latched on to them because they were winning things.trust me they would not do that journey to watch a defeat. Why drive past say 20 other teams grounds on your doorstep?

where the fuck were they at the last scum parade ??

All those wasted barriers was simply not on,full credit mind to the 200 who stuck close to the bus and made the MEN photos look like there were 250,000 there. arf !!

oakiecokie said:
de niro said:
i've just been to london for the week end, i left saturday after the everton game. my train was at 3-30 ish and of course as the train pulled in it was full of rags, heaving actually. i must admit affording myself a little giggle whilst singing at the top of my voice "any old iron any old iron" and "maybe its beecose arm a landaner". glory hunting fuckers.

then.

on my way back to manchester today i had to grab a couple of tube trains, walk up and down about 30 sets of stairs or escalators, through a st pats parade and down tunnels of the underground keeping a sly eye out for any american werwolves lying in wait. once on board i faced a two and half hours journey back to manc. as i got in my car at the car park i'm shattered and thought "thank goodness i dont have to do that every week". but of course the plastic rag do, they do that fucking journey week in week out. some even will traipse up to newcastle, even worse!
midweek games must be a nightmare.i'm gutted it takes 10 mins to get off mary d's car park, they must get home at all hours.

so i applaud you rags, you have more money than sense but i applaud you.

i must say i wouldn't do that to watch city, then again glory doesn't consume my life to that level. actually i may just pop down to the same train when there's no glory to be had. i'll report back then.
till then though well done to them, they must spend friggin thousands and as i say they do put a shift in.

Think of the poor fuckers coming from Sweden and Finland then Bob !! ;)

Oi!

It's only two and half hours...anyway, I've never seen a rag on my travels going from Helsinki, even when they're at home.

Swedes, maybe, they're all a bit odd over there.

So what, plenty of us do the same journey from London .. Difference is we were born in Manchester and have always supported our club.. So my response is, support the team where you come from and save your rag money!!!

de niro said:
i've just been to london for the week end, i left saturday after the everton game. my train was at 3-30 ish and of course as the train pulled in it was full of rags, heaving actually. i must admit affording myself a little giggle whilst singing at the top of my voice "any old iron any old iron" and "maybe its beecose arm a landaner". glory hunting fuckers.

then.

on my way back to manchester today i had to grab a couple of tube trains, walk up and down about 30 sets of stairs or escalators, through a st pats parade and down tunnels of the underground keeping a sly eye out for any american werwolves lying in wait. once on board i faced a two and half hours journey back to manc. as i got in my car at the car park i'm shattered and thought "thank goodness i dont have to do that every week". but of course the plastic rag do, they do that fucking journey week in week out. some even will traipse up to newcastle, even worse!
midweek games must be a nightmare.i'm gutted it takes 10 mins to get off mary d's car park, they must get home at all hours.

i must say i wouldn't do that to watch city, then again glory doesn't consume my life to that level. actually i may just pop down to the same train when there's no glory to be had. i'll report back then.
till then though well done to them, they must spend friggin thousands and as i say they do put a shift in.

Tourists, part timers and fair weather fans, they're crawling all over Beswick!

leithblue said:
oakiecokie said:
de niro said:

then.

Oi!

It's only two and half hours...anyway, I've never seen a rag on my travels going from Helsinki, even when they're at home.

I've come across Finns at Etihad on matchday.

Admittedly, not very often, but I have spoken to them on a couple of occasions.

Vienna_70 said:
leithblue said:
oakiecokie said:

Oi!

Yeah, there's a few of us. I travel back for the majority of games and have a season ticket (though, I'm an expat, not a Finn) and there are a couple more that have season tickets too. It's mostly Liverpool fans around here to be honest.

The bigger groups of Finnish City fans tend to head to the aways in London, its actually easier to get tickets, cheaper flights and easier to persuade wives to get the time away if they turn it into a shopping weekend.

leithblue said:
Vienna_70 said:
leithblue said:
Oi!

Yeah, there's a few of us. I travel back for the majority of games and have a season ticket (though, I'm an expat, not a Finn) and there are a couple more that have season tickets too. It's mostly Liverpool fans around here to be honest.

The bigger groups of Finnish City fans tend to head to the aways in London, its actually easier to get tickets, cheaper flights and easier to persuade wives to get the time away if they turn it into a shopping weekend.

The Hyypia connection or long-standing glory hunters?

Bilboblue said:
leithblue said:
Vienna_70 said:

The Hyypia connection or long-standing glory hunters?

Probably both.

Like the rags, Liverpool have fans all over the world and I think most have supported - or their dads supported - them from the 70s.

Though with Hyypiä being one of the greatest Finnish footballers of all time, some will have become 'Pool fans because of him.

And don't forget, the greatest Finnish footballer ever, Jari Litmanen, also played for the red dippers.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8r16Cg1e7w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8r16Cg1e7w</a>

I'm told that the Liverpool thing is, typically, that Finnish TV used to show one live English game a week from the mid 70s - early 90s and it was nearly always Liverpool.

The Hyypia and Litmanen things helped extend the Liverpool connection, but I don't doubt that the reason Hyypia at least stayed that long when he could have gone somewhere else is due to the affection for Liverpool that a lot of Finns have.

I watch a lot of games with the Helsinki QPR supporters club, which is expats and some very worrying locals - they're all a nice bunch too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.