Re: Barm or Muffin

Robbo. said:
tueartsboots said:
24mgc2f.jpg

And here's the proof

where the fuck your legs gone??

I'm often legless, esp at weekends !

Barm cake is type of bread roll, flat like an American Hamburger Bun, and floured on top. However, the Barm Cake is more likely made from commercial yeast these days

The original barm cake is found in areas of North West England. In wider northern England, a similar bread roll would be known instead as a "breadbun", "breadcake", "bap" or even (in the enlarged form of Tyneside) a "stotty".

Chips are the most popular filling, sold in all fish and chip shops in the north west of England often called simply a 'chip barm'

A muffin is a type of bread that is baked in small portions. Many forms are somewhat like small cakes or cupcakes in shape, although they usually are not as sweet as cupcakes and generally lack frosting. Savory varieties, such as cornbread muffins, also exist. They generally fit in the palm of an adult hand, and are intended to be consumed by an individual in a single sitting.

STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT !!!!

Kylieylee said:
Barm cake is type of bread roll, flat like an American Hamburger Bun, and floured on top. However, the Barm Cake is more likely made from commercial yeast these days

The original barm cake is found in areas of North West England. In wider northern England, a similar bread roll would be known instead as a "breadbun", "breadcake", "bap" or even (in the enlarged form of Tyneside) a "stotty".

Chips are the most popular filling, sold in all fish and chip shops in the north west of England often called simply a 'chip barm'

A muffin is a type of bread that is baked in small portions. Many forms are somewhat like small cakes or cupcakes in shape, although they usually are not as sweet as cupcakes and generally lack frosting. Savory varieties, such as cornbread muffins, also exist. They generally fit in the palm of an adult hand, and are intended to be consumed by an individual in a single sitting.

Kylieylee said:

Kylieylee said:

Well said, newbie. I've escaped from my cell and returned to my unit in the Barm Brigade, 7th Div Armoured.

Robbo, you might want to try this with your girly muffin

Rag Pie (or Pudding)
A rag pie is made of suet and meat, and in many ways resembles a steak pudding except that it has a limp pastie shape. Favoured in many parts of Lancashire and Rochdale and still available at local butchers shops... (I eat one myself occasionally, supplied by a friend in Haslingden - quite delicious!). There are references to it in Victorian times, when the pie (or pudding) clearly had humbler and less savoury beginnings - the following excerpt describes it being served up in an orphanage (Mr Bogryne's establishment):

"There was a dreadful pie for dinner every Monday; a meat pie with ... horrible lumps of gristle inside, and such strings of sinew, alternated by lumps of flabby fat. We called it kitten pie—resurrection pie—rag pie—dead man’s pie. We cursed it by night, we cursed it by day: we wouldn’t stand it, we said; we would write to our friends; we would go to sea. Old Bogryne kept Giggleswick seven hours (sitting) on a form with the pie before him; but Giggleswick held out bravely, and would not taste of the accursed food. He (Bogryne) never ate any of the pie himself".

(Gaslight and Daylight, by George Augustus Sala, 1859 - How I Went to Sea )

haha, Cheers tueartsboots !!

tueartsboots said:
Kylieylee said:

Kylieylee said:

Well said, newbie. I've escaped from my cell and returned to my unit in the Barm Brigade, 7th Div Armoured.

Robbo, you might want to try this with your girly muffin

Rag Pie (or Pudding)
A rag pie is made of suet and meat, and in many ways resembles a steak pudding except that it has a limp pastie shape. Favoured in many parts of Lancashire and Rochdale and still available at local butchers shops... (I eat one myself occasionally, supplied by a friend in Haslingden - quite delicious!). There are references to it in Victorian times, when the pie (or pudding) clearly had humbler and less savoury beginnings - the following excerpt describes it being served up in an orphanage (Mr Bogryne's establishment):

"There was a dreadful pie for dinner every Monday; a meat pie with ... horrible lumps of gristle inside, and such strings of sinew, alternated by lumps of flabby fat. We called it kitten pie—resurrection pie—rag pie—dead man’s pie. We cursed it by night, we cursed it by day: we wouldn’t stand it, we said; we would write to our friends; we would go to sea. Old Bogryne kept Giggleswick seven hours (sitting) on a form with the pie before him; but Giggleswick held out bravely, and would not taste of the accursed food. He (Bogryne) never ate any of the pie himself".

(Gaslight and Daylight, by George Augustus Sala, 1859 - How I Went to Sea )

Well stick this up your arse!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffin_(English)#The_Chip_Muffin

ha ha ha!!! have that

Muffin (English)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

A Muffin (US: English muffin), also known as a hot muffin, or a breakfast muffin is a round, yeast-leavened form of bread almost always dusted with cornmeal. It may be eaten at breakfast in North America and Australia. It is also widely eaten in Britain, particularly with other savoury breakfast foods such as bacon, fried egg and sausage.

Contents [hide]
1 The Chip Muffin
2 Methods of serving
3 Further Reading
4 External links
5 See also

[edit] The Chip Muffin
The Chip Muffin is a piece of bread that originates in northern England served with chips and salt and vinegar. Its the nations favourite dinner choice, which still out-sell all the fast foot establishments. Since the arrival of the famous chip muffin in 1904 the famous meal spread across the country and have been name the chip "roll", "barm" and "butty", but it all started from the muffin.

[edit] Methods of serving
Muffins are commonly available for retail in the United States, the UK, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. They are also found on the breakfast menus of American fast food restaurants worldwide. They are most often toasted then topped with butter and/or jam. They are also used in breakfast sandwiches with meat (bacon, ham, or sausage), egg (fried, scrambled, poached or steam-poached) and / or cheese. They are the base ingredient in the traditional New York brunch dish, Eggs Benedict.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchester2002-uk.com/eat&drink/local-dishes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchester2002-uk.com/eat&dr ... ishes.html</a>

Title says LOCAL DISHES, article mentions Barm Cakes x1, Muffins sweet fook all !

Wikipedia?? i got my info from there? so sounds like hes having us on?? telling you one thing and me the other. Dam him!!!

Robbo. said:
Well stick this up your arse!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffin_(English)#The_Chip_Muffin

ha ha ha!!! have that

Muffin (English)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

A Muffin (US: English muffin), also known as a hot muffin, or a breakfast muffin is a round, yeast-leavened form of bread almost always dusted with cornmeal. It may be eaten at breakfast in North America and Australia. It is also widely eaten in Britain, particularly with other savoury breakfast foods such as bacon, fried egg and sausage.

Contents [hide]
1 The Chip Muffin
2 Methods of serving
3 Further Reading
4 External links
5 See also

[edit] The Chip Muffin
The Chip Muffin is a piece of bread that originates in northern England served with chips and salt and vinegar. Its the nations favourite dinner choice, which still out-sell all the fast foot establishments. Since the arrival of the famous chip muffin in 1904 the famous meal spread across the country and have been name the chip "roll", "barm" and "butty", but it all started from the muffin.

[edit] Methods of serving
Muffins are commonly available for retail in the United States, the UK, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. They are also found on the breakfast menus of American fast food restaurants worldwide. They are most often toasted then topped with butter and/or jam. They are also used in breakfast sandwiches with meat (bacon, ham, or sausage), egg (fried, scrambled, poached or steam-poached) and / or cheese. They are the base ingredient in the traditional New York brunch dish, Eggs Benedict.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.