Muffin or Barm

Lavinda Past said:
Goo said:
I've never ever in my life heard anyone call it a barm or a muffin. Wtf is a barm?!

It's a chip butty, or a chip sandwich.

You're not from round these parts are you? Are you Welsh?

Mancunian family, moved to South Wales when I was very young...

Before anyone pipes up, I've been a city fan all my life... Been on the receiving end of jokes from South Welsh rags for years!

I thought to myself what would the great, the famous, nay the legendary Ronald McDonald call it, so I checked Wikipedia and found the following...

The McMuffin is a family of breakfast sandwiches in various sizes and configurations, sold by the fast-food restaurant chain McDonald's. The Egg McMuffin is the signature breakfast sandwich; it was invented by the late McDonald's franchisee Herb Peterson in the late 1960s and was introduced nationwide in 1972.

I mean you could hardly ask for a McBarm could you ?

Goo said:
Lavinda Past said:
Goo said:
I've never ever in my life heard anyone call it a barm or a muffin. Wtf is a barm?!

It's a chip butty, or a chip sandwich.

Before anyone pipes up, I've been a city fan all my life... Been on the receiving end of jokes from South Welsh rags for years!

No jokes required. I just knew you were either Welsh or living in Wales.

I can spot a sheep shagger from 200 miles.;)

It's a barm.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:21 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Mist said:
I thought to myself what would the great, the famous, nay the legendary Ronald McDonald call it, so I checked Wikipedia and found the following...

The McMuffin is a family of breakfast sandwiches in various sizes and configurations, sold by the fast-food restaurant chain McDonald's. The Egg McMuffin is the signature breakfast sandwich; it was invented by the late McDonald's franchisee Herb Peterson in the late 1960s and was introduced nationwide in 1972.

McDonalds - Chav central.
Wikipedia - Chavs Oracle
Blue Mist - McChav

It's a barm.

Lavinda Past said:
Goo said:
Lavinda Past said:

It's a barm.

-- Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:21 pm --

Blue Mist said:

Wikipedia - Chavs Oracle
Blue Mist - McChav

It's a barm.

I actually hate McDonalds I just wanted to be akward and I agree it is a Barm or to give it the full title, barm cake.

Blue Mist said:
Lavinda Past said:
Goo said:

It's a barm.

-- Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:21 pm --

Blue Mist said:

Wikipedia - Chavs Oracle
Blue Mist - Not a chav - He knows it's a barm
It's a barm.

I actually hate McDonalds I just wanted to be akward and I agree it is a Barm or to give it the full title, barm cake.

Edited for accuracy.

Lavinda Past said:
Goo said:
Lavinda Past said:

It's a barm.

Interesting. I will ask my old man. He's spent half his life in Manchester.

I suppose I should be saying it's a brechdanau sglodion then? haha

corky1970 said:
just found this on nasa secret files

" norad , this is aplha 23 from Canadian F15 ingress over Toronto, Angels 17 call sign Fish"

" roger fish, whats your DASH 2?"

"dash 2 is callsign viper angels 16.......... 6 oclock one mile"

" roger fish Elint monitoring bogey at angels 30, 25 miles, suggest blower for visual"

" roger Prf is showing object merging speed 1500 miles per hour, going feet wet"

" roger fish, vector to 30 thousand 2 minutes , come right paint with FLR "

" flr painted showing target lock"

" can you explain the shape of craft fish over"

" sort of a Barm shape, Norad" blowers on to intercept, viper come left on my righ cover my tail whilst i get a better look at it"

these were the last words of a pair of f15;s that went missing over the Atlantic near Canada when they were chasing a UFO

so i think weve proved it once and for all
Yep that's proved barmy yanks think its a barm the sensible folk around here know its a bloody Muffin.

corky1970 said:
just found this on nasa secret files

" norad , this is aplha 23 from Canadian F15 ingress over Toronto, Angels 17 call sign Fish"

" roger fish, whats your DASH 2?"

"dash 2 is callsign viper angels 16.......... 6 oclock one mile"

" roger fish Elint monitoring bogey at angels 30, 25 miles, suggest blower for visual"

" roger Prf is showing object merging speed 1500 miles per hour, going feet wet"

" roger fish, vector to 30 thousand 2 minutes , come right paint with FLR "

" flr painted showing target lock"

" can you explain the shape of craft fish over"

" sort of a Barm shape, Norad" blowers on to intercept, viper come left on my righ cover my tail whilst i get a better look at it"

these were the last words of a pair of f15;s that went missing over the Atlantic near Canada when they were chasing a UFO

so i think weve proved it once and for all

Corky, I love you ( not in a gay Coldplay way, obviously), but you do make some shit up............

It's still a Muffin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.