Muffin or Barm

Re: Barm or Muffin

What the hell have tea cakes got to do with anything?

121883773_69a5f8c74b.jpg

pee dubya said:
What the hell have tea cakes got to do with anything?

121883773_69a5f8c74b.jpg

Here we go again thats a chocolate teacake or marshmellow thingy thing

The other kind of teacake, is cake, it has fruit and stuff in it, why does it have anything to do with a conversation about rolls?

I have decided to finally click on this thread to declare my undying support for the muffin camp...

because I have no idea what the f*** a barm is.

The other kind of teacake, is cake, it has fruit and stuff in it, why does it have anything to do with a conversation about rolls?

In certain areas of Barnsley, West Yorkshire, Lancashire and Cumbria, teacake recipes omit currants and sultanas.

Please refer back to my earlier post.
What you barm pots need to understand is that the true and elite bread rolls are teacakes and muffins. For too long general statements about the great british teacake or muffin have long gone unpunished in the bakery business however this has never been forgotten. As proof (as in pudding) I refer to you to the following link an expert in the field and if you are prepared to read it you can see unequivically the Oven Bottomed Muffin is the speciality while the barm is for the uneducated masses churned out in packets of 4 -6.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ghsheldon.co.uk/process/3/AboutGHSheldontrade.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ghsheldon.co.uk/process/3/Ab ... trade.html</a>

I refer you to in particular

Best known for our unique, signature product, the Lancashire Oven Bottom Muffin

Enough said, you barm warriors you have lost the argument.

Mate, i can't take any site that calls a tattie scone, a 'potato cake ring', seriously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.