Mumbai City FC (MCFC)

BlueAnorak said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Think South America and Africa are the next targets.

My bet will be China, probably a team in Shanghai.

Pearl river basin is better potential. It has the population, the development space and the links to Hong Kong/the world.
Shenzhen or Dongguan City. I think people in China would appreciate a team like Metro City Football Club or the like.

I'm With Stupid said:
Zabbasbeard said:
If City are going to buy someone buy East Bengal (my Dad's and my Indian team) ! Great tradition, very well supported, less work to do to make the push to be champions of India again.
But East Bengal City doesn't really work. Although if Wikipedia is to be believed, they don't seem to know where they're from.

The Salt Lake Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Kolkata, West Bengal.

Sounds like the sort of dubious geography that might be more suited to the rags.

Why will City buy an un-original team like East-Bengal??They are not even the local team in Kolkata.Locals here are Mohun Bagan Supporters like me and many others.East Bengal are just a fake bunch who claims they are the local team when their originality is from Bangladesh (thats why the term East Bengal).West Bengal has one team,with Great History and its Mohun Bagan,BTW even East Bengal's kit has red and every red coloured kit team sucks.

I'm pretty excited about the new Indian Super League (ISL). The I-League (Premier Club Competition) has the traditional teams and a decent fan following. I'm just happy that my city Chennai finally has a football team and is in the ISL. We've got a Bollywood owner too and Marco Materazzi as the Head Coach.

Our 7 international players:
Bernard Mendy
Cristian Hidalgo
Gennaro Bracigliano
Bojan Djordjic
Eduardo Silva Lerma
Bruno Pelissari
Jairo Suárez

Still haven't found the 1 marquee signing.

I hope this goes well and things change for Indian football.

suvommukherjee08 said:
I'm With Stupid said:
Zabbasbeard said:
If City are going to buy someone buy East Bengal (my Dad's and my Indian team) ! Great tradition, very well supported, less work to do to make the push to be champions of India again.
But East Bengal City doesn't really work. Although if Wikipedia is to be believed, they don't seem to know where they're from.

The Salt Lake Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Kolkata, West Bengal.

Sounds like the sort of dubious geography that might be more suited to the rags.

Why will City buy an un-original team like East-Bengal??They are not even the local team in Kolkata.Locals here are Mohun Bagan Supporters like me and many others.East Bengal are just a fake bunch who claims they are the local team when their originality is from Bangladesh (thats why the term East Bengal).West Bengal has one team,with Great History and its Mohun Bagan,BTW even East Bengal's kit has red and every red coloured kit team sucks.

I like your red comment,so true.

East Bengal sound like an Indian united.

Indian Cityzen said:
I'm pretty excited about the new Indian Super League (ISL). The I-League (Premier Club Competition) has the traditional teams and a decent fan following. I'm just happy that my city Chennai finally has a football team and is in the ISL. We've got a Bollywood owner too and Marco Materazzi as the Head Coach.

Bernard Mendy
Cristian Hidalgo
Gennaro Bracigliano
Bojan Djordjic
Eduardo Silva Lerma
Bruno Pelissari
Jairo Suárez

At some point I would think both leagues would have to merge or the big sides at least move over to it.

Indian Cityzen said:

Bernard Mendy
Cristian Hidalgo
Gennaro Bracigliano
Bojan Djordjic
Eduardo Silva Lerma
Bruno Pelissari
Jairo Suárez

Its tough to change indian football when they only think about hacking down opposition player anyhow.Their main motive is not passing the ball but hoofing it up in the name of god and praying somebody of their own team will somehow get it.I play for our neighbourhood club in Kolkata,Hooghly a lot.Played against East Bengal U19 players 3 months back,our team was trying to keep the ball as long as we can,and we were literally amazed to see none of them chased us,they just got back inside their own half and were happy to let us play the keep ball possession,and after sometime they tried to kick the hell out of us.None of them have skills,or pace or passing accuracy,they just try to kick the opponent and hoof the ball.Its how the indian coaches taught them to play i guess.Fuck them cheaters they will never be proper footballers.Hoofing the ball is not football,Trying to kick opponent out of the park is not football,they have to change their mentality a lot if they want to develop indian football,i was amazed to see that (even in our team their were some)nobody is willing to backpass or pass the ball sideways,all are like we want to attack we want to play the ball forward(Without any accuracy)...

Tbilisi said:
Indian Cityzen said:

Bernard Mendy
Cristian Hidalgo
Gennaro Bracigliano
Bojan Djordjic
Eduardo Silva Lerma
Bruno Pelissari
Jairo Suárez

At some point I would think both leagues would have to merge or the big sides at least move over to it.

Not sure what happens in future but I think they can both co-exists for the time being. ISL is starting as a 2 month affair now and I-League lasts for 6 months.

I think Indian football is miles too far behind to consider it. I would imagine most people in India would rather support and watch a Premier League team than watch their own teams!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.