Mumbai City FC (MCFC)

Zabbasbeard said:
Matty said:
thekippax said:
Just heard on talkshite, Anelka has just signed for them. Ex City player signed by ex City Manager/Peter Reid. Coincidence or potentially another cog in CFG's wheel. Anyone heard anything?

Pure coincidence. Peter Reid will have zero involvement in anything to do with City, and Anelka brings with him baggage that ADUG, and City, will want no part of whatsoever.

Why would Peter Reid have zero involvement with us? He always seems quite positive towards us. for instance, he said wanted us to beat Liverpool (his boyhood team) at Anfield last season. is there something in his severance package from when he was acked or has he said he would have no involvement with City.

If City are going to buy someone buy East Bengal (my Dad's and my Indian team) ! Great tradition, very well supported, less work to do to make the push to be champions of India again.

Agreed, I thought Peter Reed did a great job for us (apart from over paying for phelan and curle) at a difficult time in our history, and I have never heard him have a bad thing to say about our club despite how he was treated by my namesake

suvommukherjee08 said:
Indian Cityzen said:
I'm pretty excited about the new Indian Super League (ISL). The I-League (Premier Club Competition) has the traditional teams and a decent fan following. I'm just happy that my city Chennai finally has a football team and is in the ISL. We've got a Bollywood owner too and Marco Materazzi as the Head Coach.

Our 7 international players:
Bernard Mendy
Cristian Hidalgo
Gennaro Bracigliano
Bojan Djordjic
Eduardo Silva Lerma
Bruno Pelissari
Jairo Suárez

Still haven't found the 1 marquee signing.

I hope this goes well and things change for Indian football.

Its tough to change indian football when they only think about hacking down opposition player anyhow.Their main motive is not passing the ball but hoofing it up in the name of god and praying somebody of their own team will somehow get it.I play for our neighbourhood club in Kolkata,Hooghly a lot.Played against East Bengal U19 players 3 months back,our team was trying to keep the ball as long as we can,and we were literally amazed to see none of them chased us,they just got back inside their own half and were happy to let us play the keep ball possession,and after sometime they tried to kick the hell out of us.None of them have skills,or pace or passing accuracy,they just try to kick the opponent and hoof the ball.Its how the indian coaches taught them to play i guess.Fuck them cheaters they will never be proper footballers.Hoofing the ball is not football,Trying to kick opponent out of the park is not football,they have to change their mentality a lot if they want to develop indian football,i was amazed to see that (even in our team their were some)nobody is willing to backpass or pass the ball sideways,all are like we want to attack we want to play the ball forward(Without any accuracy)...

I see your frustration. We are galaxies away I think and a lot depends on ISL now. We've managed to attract some good coaches and good players. Great support from StarSports network too.

I think each club has it's objectives cut out in terms of grassroot development. Few clubs have already started the work so things can only improve.

BlueAnorak said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Think South America and Africa are the next targets.

My bet will be China, probably a team in Shanghai.

I think the link with Yokohama (Ok Japan not China) will cause China to drop down the list a little. We are looking to enhance global coverage so China and Japan seem a little too close at this stage IMO.

FantasyIreland said:
It's possible we're sikhing new links.
We all know who you are trying to curry favour with.

On a more serious note Allesandro Del Piero has signed as the marquee player for the Delhi Dynamoes, and players such as Pires and Trezeguet have also signed on for the inaugural season of the Super League.

There may be a long term market for City in the league, but I suspect it will be a wait and see approach. If it takes off then who knows.

Tbilisi said:
suvommukherjee08 said:
I'm With Stupid said:
But East Bengal City doesn't really work. Although if Wikipedia is to be believed, they don't seem to know where they're from.

Sounds like the sort of dubious geography that might be more suited to the rags.

Why will City buy an un-original team like East-Bengal??They are not even the local team in Kolkata.Locals here are Mohun Bagan Supporters like me and many others.East Bengal are just a fake bunch who claims they are the local team when their originality is from Bangladesh (thats why the term East Bengal).West Bengal has one team,with Great History and its Mohun Bagan,BTW even East Bengal's kit has red and every red coloured kit team sucks.

I like your red comment,so true.

East Bengal sound like an Indian united.

Nah, Tblisi, the red has nothing to do with United and East Bengal is nothing like the filth. East Bengal's kit is red and yellow halves - abit like some Galatasaray kits. My 2nd team is East Bengal and I can tell you there is nothing fake at all about East Bengal - Kolkata is a passionate football City and there are three main clubs, East Bengal, Mohun Bagan and Mohammedan Sporting. A lot of people from Kolkata support East Bengal and not just people who migrated from what is now Bangladesh. My family on my late Dad's side were from what was then India and is now Bangladesh (it was India before the British fucked up and India was Partitioned in 1947) as it happens - so what? A lot of people of Irish extract support City (as well as you know who) - it's similar.
There's no more arrogance at East Bengal than there is at Mohun Bagan. Check out the "West Bengal has one team,with Great History and its Mohun Bagan" comment. Does that sound familiar? "History/istree"?

Mohun Bagan supporters sound like bitter United fans - they're a joke. I HATE that club almost as much as I hate United. Fuck Mohun Bagan.
If you look back in history they and another club, the dodgily named Aryans, tried to stop 2nd Division Champions East Bengal getting promoted in the 1920s to the Calcutta League First Division. If anything is plastic it's Mohun Bagan...sounds a bit like the cartel that United Liverpool and co operate now. If Mohun Bagan supporters want to make prejudicial remarks about Bangladesh that's their problem. Fuck 'em.

If anything East Bengal are more like Celtic or AEK Athens, particularly the latter. Founded by Indian immigrants from what is now Bangladesh. I'm as proud to support East Bengal as I am Manchester City. City are the local team of my youth, and I'll always be Blue. Had I been a Kolkatan I'd have been East Bengal first and well proud of it like I always been of City first.

Love Manchester City, Love East Bengal too.

Zabbasbeard said:
Tbilisi said:
suvommukherjee08 said:
Why will City buy an un-original team like East-Bengal??They are not even the local team in Kolkata.Locals here are Mohun Bagan Supporters like me and many others.East Bengal are just a fake bunch who claims they are the local team when their originality is from Bangladesh (thats why the term East Bengal).West Bengal has one team,with Great History and its Mohun Bagan,BTW even East Bengal's kit has red and every red coloured kit team sucks.

I like your red comment,so true.

East Bengal sound like an Indian united.

Nah, Tblisi, the red has nothing to do with United and East Bengal is nothing like the filth. East Bengal's kit is red and yellow halves - abit like some Galatasaray kits. My 2nd team is East Bengal and I can tell you there is nothing fake at all about East Bengal - Kolkata is a passionate football City and there are three main clubs, East Bengal, Mohun Bagan and Mohammedan Sporting. A lot of people from Kolkata support East Bengal and not just people who migrated from what is now Bangladesh. My family on my late Dad's side were from what was then India and is now Bangladesh (it was India before the British fucked up and India was Partitioned in 1947) as it happens - so what? A lot of people of Irish extract support City (as well as you know who) - it's similar.
There's no more arrogance at East Bengal than there is at Mohun Bagan. Check out the "West Bengal has one team,with Great History and its Mohun Bagan" comment. Does that sound familiar? "History/istree"?

Mohun Bagan supporters sound like bitter United fans - they're a joke. I HATE that club almost as much as I hate United. Fuck Mohun Bagan.
If you look back in history they and another club, the dodgily named Aryans, tried to stop 2nd Division Champions East Bengal getting promoted in the 1920s to the Calcutta League First Division. If anything is plastic it's Mohun Bagan...sounds a bit like the cartel that United Liverpool and co operate now. If Mohun Bagan supporters want to make prejudicial remarks about Bangladesh that's their problem. Fuck 'em.

If anything East Bengal are more like Celtic or AEK Athens, particularly the latter. Founded by Indian immigrants from what is now Bangladesh. I'm as proud to support East Bengal as I am Manchester City. City are the local team of my youth, and I'll always be Blue. Had I been a Kolkatan I'd have been East Bengal first and well proud of it like I always been of City first.

Love Manchester City, Love East Bengal too.

Great post ZB,forgive me for doubting East Bengal.

Just to let you guys know the ISL kicks off tomorrow (12th Oct) with Atletico de Kolkata vs Mumbai City FC. Atletico de Kolkata is owned by Atlético Madrid and has Luis Garcia as a DP, as well as Josemi, Borja Fernandez formally of Real and Getafe, and Sylvain Monsoreau formally of Sochaux and Monaco. They have been training in Spain and beat a Spanish Tercera Division team 6-0.

NeilYoungIsBack said:
Mexico City?
Ho Chi Minh City ?
Vatican City?

Numerous other possibilities I guess...
First ever club to exclusively employ left footers? Wenger as manager?

vanishing spray being used ...Kolkata athletico 1 MCFC 0 ...Fikru Teferra the scorer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.