munich and the truth

Balti said:
bluegaz13 said:
Fantasic post 'friend' I wish we could rid our own club of of the retards that sing sick songs about people that have lost their lives.

well said, and no doubt the rags wish their retards would stop singing inflammatory songs too

correct.

crizack said:
http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/daily-mail-london-england-the/mi_8002/is_2006_Jan_21/betrayal-busby-babes-munich-air/ai_n37713917/?tag=content;col1

A very good article.

That link doesn't appear to work any more, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I want to send it to a mate of mine.

Damocles said:
1. It was the 50s, so what? That isn't long enough ago to forget morality.
2. What exactly "was different" then that made this acceptable?
3. What is our history compares to evicting the families of dead players?
4. Why haven't United, with all of their billions of success rectified this huge mistake?

You're a one trick pony argument, trying to excuse the inexcusable.

its the rags shame not ours why the fook any City fan would be remotely interested in this i dont understnad - this fookin obsession with United is utterely beyond me when we have so fookin much to be happy about our club

we are fookin blue NOT rags it dont fookin matter to us

hooter said:
Damocles said:
1. It was the 50s, so what? That isn't long enough ago to forget morality.
2. What exactly "was different" then that made this acceptable?
3. What is our history compares to evicting the families of dead players?
4. Why haven't United, with all of their billions of success rectified this huge mistake?

You're a one trick pony argument, trying to excuse the inexcusable.
I've been a Union man since the 70s, paid my dues to fight against the Man, been on strike against rich bosses that stamp down on the working man, so I know how hard life is.....
Some people have a agenda against United, I wonder why, it was a common practice at the time, new players needed to be housed.

back then Football teams were poor, unlike now.
ALEX,is that you!!

I see that 'Hooter' has dived under his duvet once he ws sussed as a Yank plastic, with not a shred of knowledge

Time for bed said zeberdee !!!

Harry Gregg was a survivor of Munich, and went on to become involved with United at various levels, keeper,coach,scout. A real United man through and through, in his blood as he says it. So, when he mentions several things in his book i believe him.

- the club withdrew taxi rights for the players, even Jackie Blanchflower who could barely walk after the crash. Some of the players got around simply due to the goodwill of the taxi drivers who offered them free rides.
- the club withdrew the rented accomodation from the players.
- very little money given to the survivors & the families of the deceased. Harry Gregg was advised to claim for compensation for missing luggage!
- Martin Edwards and his father said that Munich was nothing to do with them as it occured before they took control!
- Edwards later went against the wishes of the Munich survivors when he asked Eric Cantona to appear in the 'Munich Fundraiser' match. The survivors believe this was a gesture from Edwards to make up with Cantona and actually nothing to do with the actual event.
- The bad treatment of Jimmy Murphy, even Sir Matt didnt speak to him right up to his death.
Quote from a utd fan.
So we can all see that the club hasnt turned evil since the Glazers came, things were wrong long before Malcolm bought Manchester United FC.
A club rotten to the core since the late 40's,well before Muniich they were doing things the "utd way".
Delve a bit deeper & the skeletons in the utd closset are fuckin enormous,

crizack said:
http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/daily-mail-london-england-the/mi_8002/is_2006_Jan_21/betrayal-busby-babes-munich-air/ai_n37713917/?tag=content;col1

A very good article.

The links gone. Any chance of a new link to the article?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.