Munich meet up: 27th September 11am Augustiner Keller

Re: Munich meet up

bayern blade said:
Ruhr said:
bayern blade said:
I had a girlfriend from Bremen when I used to live in Munich in the mid 80's, Michaela she was called.
!

was she green and smelled like fish?

: - ) !

-- Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:38 am --

MCC said:
liamctid said:
Is there your typical Irish bar which we can party in til the early hours playing our own music?

Kilians in Marienplatz or The Shamrock in Schwabing (U-Bahn stop Giselastr.) will be open till 2 or 3am.

Both are on the U-Bahn line (U6) back from the ground.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/web4archiv/objects/download/schnellbahn-netzplan2011.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/web4archiv/o ... an2011.pdf</a>

God is the Shamrock still going !?
We used to go in a pub in Schwabing called "Günther Murphy's", I kid you not.
Seriously if I was a City fan coming to Munich just for a day or two I'd be looking for Bavarian pubs not expensive Paddy bars, see a bit of local life.
It's Munich there is always somewhere open.

Said this on my last few away trips. Cannot understand peoples fixation with going to Irish bars when you can sample some of the best beers in the world and cheaper.
We'll be in Munich monday lunch time and just soak up the Oktoberfest atmosphere and hopefully bump into a few blues.
Cant wait should be a top trip.

bluesteve1964 said:
bayern blade said:
Ruhr said:
was she green and smelled like fish?

: - ) !

-- Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:38 am --

MCC said:
Kilians in Marienplatz or The Shamrock in Schwabing (U-Bahn stop Giselastr.) will be open till 2 or 3am.

Both are on the U-Bahn line (U6) back from the ground.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/web4archiv/objects/download/schnellbahn-netzplan2011.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/web4archiv/o ... an2011.pdf</a>

God is the Shamrock still going !?
We used to go in a pub in Schwabing called "Günther Murphy's", I kid you not.
Seriously if I was a City fan coming to Munich just for a day or two I'd be looking for Bavarian pubs not expensive Paddy bars, see a bit of local life.
It's Munich there is always somewhere open.

Said this on my last few away trips. Cannot understand peoples fixation with going to Irish bars when you can sample some of the best beers in the world and cheaper.
We'll be in Munich monday lunch time and just soak up the Oktoberfest atmosphere and hopefully bump into a few blues.
Cant wait should be a top trip.

Completely agree no chance will you find me in an Irish bar in Munich.

Me and my mates did end up in a Bosnian bar with a mad Albanian bloke who looked like Ben Kingsley. I had the pub singing the Edin Dzeko song that was slightly strange.

A very sad state of affairs that people travel around different countries with different cultures across Europe and park their lazy arses in the nearest fucking irish bar IMO. We need to sort this out. I looked up salzburg before going and they have a place called the augustiner, which is an ex monastery with beer poured straight from the barrel voted one of the best beers in europe by the disccovery channel or something. Huge halls for getting wankered and a fuck off beer garden. I was hoping it would be full of blues but most were only interested in the irish bars. *sigh*.

I'm part of Lee's group SuperKev and looking forward to the meet mate

The Fat el Hombre said:
A very sad state of affairs that people travel around different countries with different cultures across Europe and park their lazy arses in the nearest fucking irish bar IMO. We need to sort this out. I looked up salzburg before going and they have a place called the augustiner, which is an ex monastery with beer poured straight from the barrel voted one of the best beers in europe by the disccovery channel or something. Huge halls for getting wankered and a fuck off beer garden. I was hoping it would be full of blues but most were only interested in the irish bars. *sigh*.

I'm part of Lee's group SuperKev and looking forward to the meet mate

Same here mate(I think we have met before at the christmas party where I was slightly over the limit,sorry)

SuperKevinHorlock said:
I propose the we all have a meet up on the day of the match, You putsch your right arm up, your right arm down, grow a silly moustache etc

I reckon if the weather is dry we meet at the Augustiner Keller as it shouldn't be to busy in the day time, self service and the beer is top notch(as is always the case in Munich)

Anyone up for a 11am Sept 27 Augustiner Keller meet up?

You do realise that the whole Third Reich business started with a note just like this.

sweynforkbeard said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
I propose the we all have a meet up on the day of the match, You putsch your right arm up, your right arm down, grow a silly moustache etc

I reckon if the weather is dry we meet at the Augustiner Keller as it shouldn't be to busy in the day time, self service and the beer is top notch(as is always the case in Munich)

You do realise that the whole Third Reich business started with a note just like this.

Has our leader SuperKev got a little black tache?

sweynforkbeard said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:

Put us down for 5 there's only one place for Irish bars - Ireland.

Munich meet up

Monday I'll be at the beer festival then Tuesday of the game I'm up for a meet up but not at a fucking Irish bar !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.