Munich meet up: 27th September 11am Augustiner Keller

Re: Munich meet up

For the cultural amongst us, take a trip to Dachau concentration camp, a very sobering experience.

The S-2 train from Munich runs to the center of town. Once you get off at the Dachau stop you take a free shuttle bus which takes you to the camp itself.

bluesteve1964 said:
sweynforkbeard said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
I propose the we all have a meet up on the day of the match, You putsch your right arm up, your right arm down, grow a silly moustache etc

I reckon if the weather is dry we meet at the Augustiner Keller as it shouldn't be to busy in the day time, self service and the beer is top notch(as is always the case in Munich)

Anyone up for a 11am Sept 27 Augustiner Keller meet up?

You do realise that the whole Third Reich business started with a note just like this.

Has our leader SuperKev got a little black tache?

Rumbled.

Sorry I'm a city fan who leads an extreme right wing party based in South Stand 119.

Join my party or die in an Irish bar of your choice.

The Fat el Hombre said:
A very sad state of affairs that people travel around different countries with different cultures across Europe and park their lazy arses in the nearest fucking irish bar IMO. We need to sort this out. I looked up salzburg before going and they have a place called the augustiner, which is an ex monastery with beer poured straight from the barrel voted one of the best beers in europe by the disccovery channel or something. Huge halls for getting wankered and a fuck off beer garden. I was hoping it would be full of blues but most were only interested in the irish bars. *sigh*.

I'm part of Lee's group SuperKev and looking forward to the meet mate

Totally agree mate. While I feel there were mitigating circumstances for Juventus away for pitching up in the Irish bar and the English pub across the road from it (safety in numbers, and concerns about knife-wielding locals on scooters, etc), as a general rule of thumb for Euro aways I'd much sooner sample the local culture and local beer. Munich is a huge city which is renowned for its array of Bavarian beers and the drinking possibilities are pretty much endless without ever having to set foot in an Irish or English pub. Add in the fact that the match takes place in the middle of the world's largest beer festival and there really is no excuse for taking the totally unimaginative option of drinking in an Irish theme pub. Meeting up outside it because it's in the middle of the Marienplatz ahead of going somewhere else is fair enough because no doubt plenty of our fans won't be familiar with the layout of the city but that's where any interaction with it should end lol.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
bluesteve1964 said:
sweynforkbeard said:
You do realise that the whole Third Reich business started with a note just like this.

Rumbled.

Sorry I'm a city fan who leads an extreme right wing party based in South Stand 119.

'Heil Horlock'. Its all falling into place now. From SS 119, rounding up new recruits in Munich, next thing he'll be marching us off to Poland.

Bavarian said:
If u guys have a mass of beer (or several) at the Oktoberfest be prepared to listen to this tune:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOb37ccNQLk&sns=fb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOb37ccNQLk&sns=fb</a>

Its a song about 1860 München - our city-rival, who has been in heavy financial problems. But then came the sheik and now they are hoping to begin a new chapter. 1860 was quite a successfull club in the past (champions in the sixties). Maybe their story sounds a bit familiar to you. They love any team that has a chance to beat us - so you will probably find some new friends at the Oktoberfest. And guess what their colour is .... :D

its a catchy little number
I will have mastered it by the 27th

east2 said:
For the cultural amongst us, take a trip to Dachau concentration camp, a very sobering experience.

The S-2 train from Munich runs to the center of town. Once you get off at the Dachau stop you take a free shuttle bus which takes you to the camp itself.

east2 is right. Anyone who is staying in Munich for more than one day should take the opportunity to visit Dachau if time permits. It's cheap to get there and free entry. You can be back in the city centre by lunchtime. It's a reminder of just how bad those times were for some people. A very sobering experience indeed.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
bluesteve1964 said:
sweynforkbeard said:

Rumbled.

I am already organising a faction of armed resistance in 106 - if I can get them to put their knitting away for long enough. We are having a post Anschluss get together at Mulligan's Craic House - dress code=black shirt.

sweynforkbeard said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
bluesteve1964 said:

Rumbled.

I am already organising a faction of armed resistance in 106 - if I can get them to put their knitting away for long enough. We are having a post Anschluss get together at Mulligan's Craic House - dress code=black shirt.

The key points I propose:

Lebensraum (which involves flattening old trafford and forcing swamp regulars into labour camps)

All people who don't meet the strict 119 criteria are forced to wear rag shirts in order to be identified by the wider community.

My new book will be available on the day

SuperKevinHorlock

'My struggle with my right foot'

See you all there.

I've tried to inject some local culture on euro aways with my mates, but their reaction to the bottled Tuborg and selection of open pickled and raw fish sandwiches I ordered us all in Copenhagen has put pay to that.

Sad as it sounds, I often p**s off for a couple of hours on my own or if I can talk one of them round to get a bit of local food, drink and culture.
Moule Frites, local beer and waffles in Ghent (Lokerent trip)
SchweinBrauten and Weiss beer in Dusseldorf (Schalke trip)
Bratwurst in Hamburg
Will be getting Tapas and Vino in Valencia....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.