music your parents liked but you hated as a kid

Gelsons Dad said:
Nothing.

Fucking show tunes are still shite!
Amen,brother.
There is nothing like a dame and I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair,set my teeth on edge.
Elvis,I don't mind.
Richard Clayderman ,Barry Manilow and Daniel O'Donell;can fuck right off.

waterloo blue said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Nothing.

Fucking show tunes are still shite!
Amen,brother.
There is nothing like a dame and I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair,set my teeth on edge.
Elvis,I don't mind.
Richard Clayderman ,Barry Manilow and Daniel O'Donell;can fuck right off.

My mam had the album of the South Pacific and loved that "I'm gonna was that man right outta my hair" as a child I preferred happy talk lol

Prestwich_Blue said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
"Sing something Simple" On the radio Sunday at about 7-0 pm. Utter utter crap.
LOL. Me too. Gave me a phobia about Sunday evening. Did yours watch the Black & White Minstrels as well?

I am round the same age as PB and I had to put up with all this stuff and the Lulu, Cliff Richard and Cilla Black shows on BBC Saturday prime time. Musically though I couldn't fault them. Even if I didn't appreciate it at the time.

All the wonderful musicals: "South Pacific", "My Fair Lady", "The Sound of Music" and the best of all - "West Side Story". They both loved Nat King Cole but more than anything they loved Frank.

My Daughter (30) and I share the same tastes. From me she loves The Smiths, Weller and The Roses and it's down to her that I like The Arctics, Frank Turner and especially The Courteeners.

My Mother was a huge fan of Engelbert Humperdinck, she used to play his music all day, repeatedly, at full volume. As a consequence of this near-as-dammit brain washing, I know all the words to most of his songs.

Happily the counselling has been big help, I no longer need the last waltz, my Spanish eyes are fine, and he has been that easy to forget.

Balti said:
Neil friggin Diamond

{shudder}
One of my favourite artists - seen him live several times. But then again, my voice broke in the 60s.

On the subject of "sing something simple", we used to sing that to opposition fans - "sing something simple, you simple twats"!

While I'm on a roll, Saddleworth Band festival - been there, done that - beer around 10p per pint at the time.

Don't knock the old artists, the new ones bring out cover versions of their songs all the time because they don't have enough talent of their own.

And don't get me started on (c)rap!!

Think I'd better change my name to grumpyg.

My old queen loved "She" by Charles Aznavour. We kids hated it so took the middle out of the record (at this point our younger viewers are thinking what the fuck is Bow on about?!) so she couldn't play it anymore.

Nowadays, I fucking love it - what a beautiful love song it is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxaZMreym88[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.