music your parents liked but you hated as a kid

Prestwich_Blue said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
"Sing something Simple" On the radio Sunday at about 7-0 pm. Utter utter crap.
LOL. Me too. Gave me a phobia about Sunday evening. Did yours watch the Black & White Minstrels as well?

Sure did, and they were crap too!

Simply Red, Human League, Crystal Gayle, Queen, Erasure and loads of Motown.

Quite enjoyed Erasure and the Motown, still know all the words by Mick Hucknell.. unfortunately.

As well as Aznavour, mum used to listen to that Dionne Warwick one as well. Anne Murray was another fave. Dad like classical and ELO.

Fucking awful.

Glad to say my dad's taste moved with the times and he likes quite an eclectic mix of stuff. Mum's hadn't really.

A slight twist on the thread if it's OK

My parents didn't listen to music as I recall although my dad used to watch Songs of Praise on the TV despite not being religious and always went on about Classical music. My sister who is 4 years older than me (in fact it's her 65th birthday today) was in to Adam Faith and Dusty Springfield etc.

My parents got me my first records for Christmas 1963 (the first 2 Beatles LP's)

Then on Boxing Day 1967 The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour film was on TV and my dad thought it was brilliant as I obviously did - everyone else in the house thought it was rubbish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.