Musical Groups/Artists/Bands you like, but know one else seems to.

New Fast Automatic Daffodils(New Fads)Were an excellent Manchester band that never made it Big, although they made a song called Big. Active from 88 -95 they were never quite part of the 'Madchester' scene as they were perhaps too alternative to be mainstream. I saw them 3 times in Manchester and the last gig I saw them was at Piece Hall Halifax headlining a gig that had an unknown band called Pulp playing. Jarvis Cocker and Pulp went on to become a famous band but New Fads remained out of the main stream spotlight. Shame really as New Fads were an excellent musically that had their own style. New Fads to this day hace had very few YouTube hits considering their immense and unique sound.
1: Lions
2: Big
3: Beam Me Up
4: Man Without Qualities
5: Music Is Shit

New FADS is a great shout. I think Andy the singer is a blue too.
Fishes eyes just missed out on top 40 but could be wrong.
There were a few Manchester bands around that time lumped in with Madchester simply because they were from or around Manchester.
King of the Slums, Dub Sex, World of Twist. All benefited initially from the media over exposure, but when Madchester's flame had gone out, those bands were then ignored once the "backlash" began

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.