Must see documentaries..

I'm part way through the 5th.

I know there was a British Army veteran who featured in the first episode but the main focus was on arriving in the 60s and incfeased dangers during late 60s and early 70s. The UDR vet in the 4th focused mainly on the dangers she faced at home.

There are other docs out there but it would have been good to hear more insight on how troops felt throughout the 70s, 80s and early 90s. Kit they carried, piss and shit being thrown at them, risks on patrol, getting in and out of that observation post at the top of divis, working in bandit Country (Armagh) etc.

Appreciate the focus being on the people of NI but the British forces paid a heavy price during the troubles.

There's a huge amount of content they could have utilised.

Did several tours during the 80’s, brave bastards those UDR soldiers

Here's a four part documentary that will make you binge watch to the very end. How they filmed and pieced together this incredible nature documentary is beyond the exceptional. The largest group of chimpanzees ever discovered have built a society deep in the forest of Ngogo, Uganda, but ambition and neighboring rivals threaten to destabilize their empire.

Chimp Empire

Narrated by Academy Award Winner Mahershala Ali and directed by Academy Award winner James Reed, Co-Director of My Octopus Teacher.

Last edited:
Here's a four part documentary that will make you binge watch to the very end. How they filmed and pieced together this incredible nature documentary is beyond the incredible. The largest group of chimpanzees ever discovered have built a society deep in the forest of Ngogo, Uganda, but ambition and neighboring rivals threaten to destabilize their empire.

Chimp Empire

Narrated by Academy Award Winner Mahershala Ali and directed by Academy Award winner James Reed, Co-Director of My Octopus Teacher.

Looks like a mix of Peaky Blinders and Gangs of New York but with Chimps. I’m in!

Val - documentary on the films and life of Val Kilmer.

An unusual structure in that a lot of it is made up of home video that Val Kilmer has filmed over the years. It alternates between the videos and his life now as he continues to recover from throat cancer, meaning that he has to speak with a voice box.

Never boring, fascinating, touching and humorous, a different type of documentary that’s well worth a watch.

Interesting to watch if only to see how much things have changed

I actually quite enjoyed this. My wife wanted to watch it and I wasn’t so sure but thought it was a good watch. Took me back to the Youth Club disco! Last Christmas was a winner there for a slow dance :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.