Must see documentaries..

I agree. I think it is an incredible documentary and beautifully filmed.

Give Game Changers a go. Honestly, there's so much in it that will be eye opening. It certainly was to me. The survive but not thrive part for example. Evidence from the science suggests quite the opposite. They do blood tests on athletes after a meal containing meat and a vegan meal and it shows quite staggering impacts.

Admittedly it is perhaps one side of the story and there may be more to it, but from those involved in the documentary the vegan diet will enable humans to thrive. Plenty of elite sportsman are vegan. Animals are just the middle men when it comes to protein remember!

Anyway I'll stop shoving this down your throat now!
I am less worried about thriving on a vegan diet than the conditions animals are farmed under. I have to admit to being a softy when it comes to the way animals are kept, fed and the quality of their lives. I try and source meat and chicken that has the highest husbandry standards. Refuse to eat farmed fish (really nasty industry for the most part). As long as folk want cheap meat I am afraid animals will suffer.

I would expect quite a large movement over the next couple of decades to more vegan diets as part of climate change action.

I will look out for game changers. Cheers mate.

I agree. I think it is an incredible documentary and beautifully filmed.

Give Game Changers a go. Honestly, there's so much in it that will be eye opening. It certainly was to me. The survive but not thrive part for example. Evidence from the science suggests quite the opposite. They do blood tests on athletes after a meal containing meat and a vegan meal and it shows quite staggering impacts.

Admittedly it is perhaps one side of the story and there may be more to it, but from those involved in the documentary the vegan diet will enable humans to thrive. Plenty of elite sportsman are vegan. Animals are just the middle men when it comes to protein remember!

Anyway I'll stop shoving this down your throat now!
Game Changers is certainly an interesting documentary, and changing your diet to include more fruit, veg, and healthier wholefoods is clearly a good thing. However, it's not without criticism, some of which is pretty valid I think.

Some of the studies it cites are criticised for being more observational with small sample sizes where results have been extrapolated into larger claims without significant evidence. The bit with the guy in the lab coat showing the cloudy blood after eating meat looks good on the documentary, but it's not exactly gold standard scientific methodology.
Thirdly, James Cameron is behind production of the doc and he is now, funnily enough, a vegan who is an investor in Verdient foods which produces plant-based protein. No matter how well-meaning it might be, I think it is worth noting there could be a little bit of an agenda behind the program.

Having said that, I think there is a lot of value in trying to change to a more plant-based, wholefood diet, for us and the planet. My friend has been vegan for years and my other half has been vegetarian the last few. More for ethical reasons initially than health, but they always note how they never seem to catch colds or things like that. I think a lot of it though is down to the fact that replacing junk food with healthy fruit and veg is always going to make you feel better, think one of the guys interviewed in the doc basically admits that he used to live on KFC before changing his diet.
I'm not conviced by the whole 'all meat is bad' argument. Well-sourced, lean chicken definitely has a place as part of a healthy, balanced diet in my book but I think the documentary is generally a good thing overall.

Anyway, another strong vote for My Octopus Teacher

I was in to marine biology and diving as a kid, although never got beyond a face mask and snorkel on holiday. This guy's approach to diving and interacting with the enviroment... no wet suit, no equipment, because it's only getting in the way of him being an living creature amongst other creatures. What an incredible life, and what an amazing diver. Boy, does it work. He's a legend.

And so is 'she'.

Seems to me that every decade, another of the things we attribute as unique to humans, turns out to be found elsewhere. Use of tools, learning and adapting, teaching others.. it's all been seen many times over now.

We under-rated animal intelligence. It's so much that it's not like human intellect.. maybe it's just not how we like perceive our intellect, our mind. As much as anything, we underestimate how much we are animals. So much of the brain works without our input and knowing, just to keep us alive and breathing. We are muscle, nerve, organ, a moving body that is relating to the environment, and especially, other bodies. That underpins everything about us. What we now hold so unique to ourselves, the ability to reflect and know, to think abstractly... it's surely a bit convenient that we just can't tell wether the animals are doing that. Some philosophers point out how difficult it is even to know for sure if other humans are doing it.

Game Changers. About the impacts of a vegan diet and all the various misinformation out there on meat eating and health. Essentially go vegan and you will be far healthier.

Having watched this and Seaspiracy recently I think I might have to.

The corruption in this world is crazy, so many health articles funded by meat industry to try and disprove evidence linking meat consumption with cancer/heart disease etc. So the truth is that a diet containing meat and fish is far unhealthier than going vegan.
If you like Game Changers and Seaspiracy then give 'Kiss the Ground' on netflix a go.
All about soil health and food manufacturing, and also a bit of an eye opener.

Difficult to know if this documentary has been posted with so many pages to trawl. If it has then apologies:

Raw documentary making at it's very best:
Humanity at it's very worst:

For Sama Available on catch up on 4 or you tube

No good will ever come of war and always the innocents that suffer.
What we take for granted in the West others can only dream of.

How cheap is life!

Last edited:
Derry City documentary on iPlayer was really good. And prescient themes of the importance of a football team as part of a community’s core identity, given current events. The only thing missing was there was no mention of Dennis Tueart’s brief spell, though you can briefly spot him on the footage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.