My 'career'

Dobsy87

I graduate in September, I've done an English degree and a Masters, that I'll hopefully pass.

Dunno what I wanna do with my life. So, like Big Brother, it's a case of YOU DECIDE:

Whatever you suggest will be entered into a prize draw, then I'll let you know what fate has decreed is my destiny.

My daughter did an english degree at Liverpool uni followed by a masters in linguistics which she packed in cos she hated it. She got a 2.1 in her degree and is now working in a cafe. So, I'll put you down for a job in a shop! No offence but there's more graduates than jobs right now. But good luck anyway.

Blue Mania said:
Stripper!!

Interesting. Incidentally I once posed in the duff for an art class. Twenty quid for two hours. It was all lonely lesbians and unfulfilled housewives who were trying to forget their lives. And one bloke who'd obviously not seen a naked woman in years, and was gutted when I walked in.

scousemanc said:
My daughter did an english degree at Liverpool uni followed by a masters in linguistics which she packed in cos she hated it. She got a 2.1 in her degree and is now working in a cafe. So, I'll put you down for a job in a shop! No offence but there's more graduates than jobs right now. But good luck anyway.
I think there's still a shortage of English teachers. And I think you get your student loans paid off whilst teaching.

scousemanc said:

I've worked in retail before. If I have to do it full time, I'll genuinely consider topping myself. It's the most depressing wage slave job I've ever had. I've done a teeny bit of labouring and even that was more fun, at least you're outside and getting fit.

squirtyflower said:
scousemanc said:
I think there's still a shortage of English teachers. And I think you get your student loans paid off whilst teaching.

This is true. I've been considereing teaching English as a foreign language, that way I'd get to travel as well. I've not been out of the UK for four years (apart from Schalke), think it'd be good for my 'personal development' (feel like I should learn a foreign language at some point)

Dobsy87 said:
Blue Mania said:
Stripper!!

Interesting. Incidentally I once posed in the duff for an art class. Twenty quid for two hours. It was all lonely lesbians and unfulfilled housewives who were trying to forget their lives. And one bloke who'd obviously not seen a naked woman in years, and was gutted when I walked in.

Bahaha! How gutted were you that he was gutted?

Go travelling. Take a year out or something but go and see the world. Get bar jobs to pay your way as you go. Don't waste wonderful years in this depressingly dull country lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.