My Dad turned to me at 0-3 and said........

I remember at Maine Rd around 10 years ago the rain stopping a game, I think it was Ipswich???? (not sure/cup game??) in the 1st division? Whoever it was were flying and City were well "typical City" and a goal behind, for some reason we started to really press the other team and I thought deep down we were about to take a big scalp and for our season to get a much needed boost.

Sadly the rain called it off and our much needed push went literally down the drains.

Does anyone else remember this game or was I the only one at the ground that day?

Petetheblu said:
I remember at Maine Rd around 10 years ago the rain stopping a game, I think it was Ipswich???? (not sure/cup game??) in the 1st division? Whoever it was were flying and City were well "typical City" and a goal behind, for some reason we started to really press the other team and I thought deep down we were about to take a big scalp and for our season to get a much needed boost.

Sadly the rain called it off and our much needed push went literally down the drains.

Does anyone else remember this game or was I the only one at the ground that day?

Yep I do, can recall queing up outside the north stand and the rain coming down. It was like if someone was throwing buckets of water over you. Never been so pissed wet in my life.

BluePurgatory said:
Petetheblu said:

Yep I do, can recall queing up outside the north stand and the rain coming down. It was like if someone was throwing buckets of water over you. Never been so pissed wet in my life.

That was the only game I ever went to that got abandoned....I was sure we had the better of whoever we were playing and was sure our tide was about to turn (pardon the pun).

yes i was at that game in the companys box we were losing 1 nill when it pi**ed down we were just getting in to the game as well

P10GIOK said:
Didn't it get called off at 1-1 Vs. Ipswich. I'm sure it was a cup game aswel.

That's right, we were all over them....I was so despondent walking away from the ground, it felt that even the heavens were against us. If we could of got a result it may of saved our season somewhat.

Some bright spark will know who it was and how our season was going.

Edit: I not sure but I remember some little git at a Ipswich game holding up a sign saying "goodbye you are the weakest link" and I'm not sure if this was before or after that game....I will never forget that little swine.

i was there the night GLYN PARDO made his debut he was only about 15 or so it was against birmingham anight match and that was called of through a storm i think we wer winning that game as well

Petetheblu said:
P10GIOK said:
Didn't it get called off at 1-1 Vs. Ipswich. I'm sure it was a cup game aswel.

That's right, we were all over them....I was so despondent walking away from the ground, it felt that even the heavens were against us. If we could of got a result it may of saved our season somewhat.

Some bright spark will know who it was and how our season was going.

Edit: I not sure but I remember some little git at a Ipswich game holding up a sign saying "goodbye you are the weakest link" and I'm not sure if this was before or after that game....I will never forget that little swine.

It was Graham Poll who called that game off. We went 1.0 down early on, and then Dickov equalised when we were on top. Poll called it off immediately after we'd equalised!

We lost the replay after extra time 2.1. twat!

Had a game called off for the same reason vs Ipswich in the early 90s as well, we were 2.0 up in that game, Michel Vonk got them both. Luckily we won the rearranged fixture (Franny Lee's first as Chairman) this time! Can't remember who was ref that day, could have been Poll again!

I said with one minute gone, we can win this 10-0, Burnley are an embarassment to the league, the way some have got carried away after this is rather comical!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.