My Dad

Ammy

It's his anniversary today. He died when I was 8. Ages ago. I have very few memories of him. He was very tall and quiet and he read a lot.
I remember him coming in from work, in his Bike leathers smelling of rain and he used to sing Tony Christie's Amarillo and Elvis' His Latest Flame to me, because they were the only songs that sounded like they had my name in them.
Silly to miss someone who went so long ago and played such a small part in my life. But still makes me sad :(

Not silly at all. My Dad died 32 years ago and my Mum 40 years ago. I still miss them in my own way.

My guess is your dad played an important part of your life for the eight years he was with you.

Ammy said:
It's his anniversary today. He died when I was 8. Ages ago. I have very few memories of him. He was very tall and quiet and he read a lot.
I remember him coming in from work, in his Bike leathers smelling of rain and he used to sing Tony Christie's Amarillo and Elvis' His Latest Flame to me, because they were the only songs that sounded like they had my name in them.
Silly to miss someone who went so long ago and played such a small part in my life. But still makes me sad :(

Bless you Ammy. Thats not silly at all, its rather touching.

Still lucky enough to have my old man around, he's knocking on now and don't know what I'll do when he's not there, at least you still have him in your thoughts and heart Ammy.

Ducado said:
That's quite touching Ammy, and it's not silly at all

Nor is his part quite so small. I think we get far more from our parents than we realise.

Very touching post Ammy, and I'm sorry for your sadness.

:(

Like others have said Ammy, it's not silly. My Dad died a few weeks before the play off final and can honestly say there hasn't been a day since when I haven't thought about him.

God bless you sweetheart!
That's an awful thing to happen to such a young lady!!
No little girl should be without their daddy...or mum for that matter!
I have two little girls, and to think how thier lives would be without me really saddens me : (

That said, I bet he's looking down now proud as punch at how his little girl as turned out ; )
Always remember him, he sounded like a good man!!

I take it he was a blue Ammy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.