My Dad

It's not silly. My mum died when I was 20 and i felt very lost for a long time afterwards

gazhinio said:
God bless you sweetheart!
That's an awful thing to happen to such a young lady!!
No little girl should be without their daddy...or mum for that matter!
I have two little girls, and to think how thier lives would be without me really saddens me : (

That said, I bet he's looking down now proud as punch at how his little girl as turned out ; )
Always remember him, he sounded like a good man!!

I take it he was a blue Ammy?

Moss Side Blue :)

Ammy said:
gazhinio said:
God bless you sweetheart!
That's an awful thing to happen to such a young lady!!
No little girl should be without their daddy...or mum for that matter!
I have two little girls, and to think how thier lives would be without me really saddens me : (

That said, I bet he's looking down now proud as punch at how his little girl as turned out ; )
Always remember him, he sounded like a good man!!

I take it he was a blue Ammy?

Moss Side Blue :)

Gods country lol

Ammy said:
It's his anniversary today. He died when I was 8. Ages ago. I have very few memories of him. He was very tall and quiet and he read a lot.
I remember him coming in from work, in his Bike leathers smelling of rain and he used to sing Tony Christie's Amarillo and Elvis' His Latest Flame to me, because they were the only songs that sounded like they had my name in them.
Silly to miss someone who went so long ago and played such a small part in my life. But still makes me sad :(

Sorry to hear that Ammy, Mrs Rushts mum died when she was 8 to Cancer. It must be the worst thing that can happen to a child, nothing wrong with shedding a tear on Anniversaries/ Birthday's etc, take care.

Ammy said:
It's his anniversary today. He died when I was 8. Ages ago. I have very few memories of him. He was very tall and quiet and he read a lot.
I remember him coming in from work, in his Bike leathers smelling of rain and he used to sing Tony Christie's Amarillo and Elvis' His Latest Flame to me, because they were the only songs that sounded like they had my name in them.
Silly to miss someone who went so long ago and played such a small part in my life. But still makes me sad :(

Your dad is your dad. My dad passed in 2000. My eldest lads band had a gig today playing loads of modern music. They played the Elbow song (throw your curtains wide, not sure what it's called) and I just started balling like a 5 year old. I miss my dad, and my mum who passed in 1987.

Nice story 'Ammy' ...

i've lost both parents , my dad in 1996 , and my mum in 2004 , but the memories live on , i just try to remember the good times ....... it's about all you can do really.

I lost my mam 40 years ago, I still miss her, my dad went only a few years ago. We will never forget them and there is nothing silly in you taking a moment to remember yogurt dad. He shaped the woman you are today.

It's a shame when you lose parents, My wife lost both her parents years ago. We talk about the good times with them and how great they were.

Thanks guys. Had a massive cry and feel better now.
Will get back to you in July - Mum's anniversary :(
Big love to all my fellow Fatherless/ Motherless/ Orphaned Blues xxx

Ammy, Thanks for that. My own dad introduced me to the Main Stand ("so why are we sitting down dad, not standing up?") back in 1967 and didn't live to see May 2012. Most of my earlier memories are based on strange smells, sights and sounds like you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.