My Email from Brian Woolnough

BusterPhillips

I emailed Brian this morning after reading the article in the Daily Star regarding City ruining the national side (see below):

from Liam Jones <???????@???????.com>
to brian.woolnough@dailystar.co.uk
date Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 11:14 AM
subject Article about us
mailed-by googlemail.com

hide details 11:14 AM (6 hours ago)

Hi Brian,

I've just read the article you wrote in the Daily Star this morning regarding your views (attacks) on Man City iin reference to us ruining the English national team.

Why have you singled out Man City in this article when Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool failed to produce any England internationals in the past 5-6yrs. At least we have brought through players like Swp, Hart, M.Johnson, Richards, Sturridge, Nimely and Onuoha who have either played at full england international level or at under 21 level.

Last season we introduced 7 academy players to our first team and each of those got game time, so for you to turn around and state that Man City are at fault for the decline of the national game is stupid.

I quiet liked watching Sunday Suppliment and reading your column, but over the past 2 seasons its become apparent you have an agenda with our club. City are trying to break the monopoly of the top4 clubs and for us to do this we need to invest, I would have thought that having more variety in teams challenging for honours would be good for the game, however we seem to have upset some kind of media cartel.

I know the opinion of "the little man" is of no interest to you, but I thought I would let you know that I will no longer be purchasing the Daily Star and I will no longer be watching the Sunday Suppliment. I maybe a minority but if you continue to have unprovocated and ill informed attacks on Man City for your gratification then you will lose more readers then just me.

Goodbye,

Liam

Anyway sometime later I received the below responce from Brian:

from Brian Woolnough <Brian.Woolnough@dailystar.co.uk>
to Liam Jones <????????@??????????l.com>
date Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 5:16 PM
subject RE: Article about us

hide details 5:16 PM (43 minutes ago)

Of course it applies to all clubs and England's awful showing at the World Cup has highlighted the problem. City are topical because of the money they have spent on foreign players. Keep reading and watching and, of course, there will be praise for City. It doesn't stop me being worried about the future of the English team.

Fair play for him replying, I wasnt expecting him to and I'm glad I held off on the "Lambhead" reference, I dont normally do stuff like emailing jorno's but I was quiet annoyed.

Anyway he basically confirms that they will write anything just to sell a paper.. I wont hold my breath for any praise from him regarding City anytime soon!

Go ahead and worry about the national side, Woolnough the twat, but don't put it on us because a lot of us don't actually care much. I want to see the best players. That's why I have a ST. England on the other hand are boring, hyped and largely a waste of space. Does anyone seriously believe that the Prem will be prepared to risk falling attendance numbers and reduced television money. Because by excluding foreigners, you devalue the league a because you are depriving our clubs of world class players.

The Prem won't be agreeing to any of this.

Nobody has said well done to Liam yet. Well done Liam. Why dont you try a follow up along the lines of what Freestyler has said - you haven't answered the question ??. Especially in reference to any anti City bias and why is their so much media protection of the ( Former) Sky 4 - oh and throw in the names of all the Jim Cassell boys who have gone on to play at Full International Level. It has to be double figures now.

Fair play! you sent him a well constructed e-mail and I think he has replied and answered your point, when he says "Of course it applies to all clubs and England's awful showing at the World Cup has highlighted the problem"
On the other hand I'm holding my breath for the promised, "Keep reading and watching and, of course, there will be praise for City".... lol

ifiwasarichfan said:
Nobody has said well done to Liam yet. Well done Liam. Why dont you try a follow up along the lines of what Freestyler has said - you haven't answered the question ??. Especially in reference to any anti City bias and why is their so much media protection of the ( Former) Sky 4 - oh and throw in the names of all the Jim Cassell boys who have gone on to play at Full International Level. It has to be double figures now.

we had a special report on the city OS a couple of years ago and i'm sure they listed 25 players that have come through our academy to play high level football.

just found these on the OS mate

MCFC OS said:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Reserves-news/2009/September/Famous-Five-line-up-England

Few clubs in the country are better placed than City to absorb any ‘grow your own’ quota imposed on English sides by football’s ruling bodies.

Further proof of that came on Saturday night in Egypt when no fewer than five young Blues' Academy graduates were selected to start the under 20 World Cup tie with Uruguay.

Defenders Ben Mee and Kieran Trippier, midfielders Adam Clayton and Paul Marshall and striker Alex Nimley made up almost half of the England side and just for good measure Andrew Tutte was on the bench.

Unfortunately for the boys they succumbed to an 84th minute goal from substitute Tabare Viudez and now face an uphill struggle to qualify out of Group D.

In all likelihood they will have to beat both Ghana and Uzbekistan to move into the next phase. They face the former on Tuesday night and the latter in October 2. Ghana have already beaten the Uzbeks 2-1.

MCFC OS said:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/June/Blues-pair-at-heart-of-Englands-bid-for-glory

England Under-21s aim to end 25 years of international hurt tonight and Manchester City Academy graduates Nedum Onuoha and Micah Richards will be at the heart of their bid for the European Championship title in Sweden.

Blues goalkeeper Joe Hart, the penalty shoot-out hero against semi-final victims Sweden, will be missing from the final showdown against Germany after picking up a second yellow card of the tournament on Friday night.

But Nedum, who took the captain's armband against the Swedes when Mark Noble was substituted, and Micah, whose performances will have impressed England boss Fabio Capello, will be at the centre of Stuart Pearce's defence.

Only Arsenal, with Theo Walcott and Kieran Gibbs, can match City's influence on the side battling in Malmo to be European Under-21 champions for the first time since 1984, having drawn 1-1 with the Germans in the group stage.

Their inclusion as first-choice centre-halves by former City boss Pearce is yet another fine reflection on the work of Academy manager Jim Cassell and his staff, who continue to nurture top talent for the senior side.

Chief Executive Garry Cook said: "We are all jusifiably proud of the Club's record in bringing through so many young players who go on to make an impact in the senior side and, as in the cases of Micah and Nedum, on the international stage.

"These are players who have grown up at this club and have formed many friendships and attachments over the years, so it is emotional for us to see them play in matches of this significance. Naturally, our best wishes go with them in tonight's game.

"Although people outside the Club have suggested that the influx of international talent via the transfer market will have an adverse affect on our youth policy, we have already invested substantial sums into the Academy this year, creating world-class pitches and building new offices for the staff.

"We plan to continue that investment to facilitate our development and build on past achievements in the future."

Scott Loach of Watford is expected to step in for the suspended Hart in tonight's final, which kicks off at 7.45pm (Live on Sky Sports 1 & HD from 7pm).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2008/March/The-25-Who-Broke-Through-16-Lee-Croft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... -Lee-Croft</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news/2008/February/The-25-Who-Broke-Through-Number-15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news ... -Number-15</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2007/November/The-25-Who-Broke-Through-14-Jon-DLaryea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... on-DLaryea</a>

more on the OS

Woolnough is a classic Spurs fan who resents us big time. He fails to understand that people like him represent all that is wrong with English football - people like him are very much part of the status quo - they built the cartel that has strangled the life out of the game and rather than see the City project as an opportunity to break the so called big 4 they see it as a threat. In many areas of journalism you have people who challenge who offer an alternative point of view. Football journalists in the UK are just sycophants sucking up to Baconface and Wenger - hoping to get a story and generally fitting in to the corrupt and rather pathetic (so called) elite. In the reply to the original poster he all but admits his anti city bias - but I guess we need to get thicker skinned and ignore it. The crisis with the National team is an issue now because a few people feel humiliated (personally I never expected much) and there is nowt else to write about - come August the major journalists will never mention a root and branch review of the game in England again and they will just go on enjoying their privileged status and position within the game.

Liam,Keep E mailing any Journo that upsets you ,do not forget Fergie bans them from press confernces if they say a bad word about his team.It makes them consious to the fact they are slagging his team off and then they have to think about what to say not to get banned .
The press are very powerful ,but if you stand up to them sensibly ,they will have second thoughts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.