My Email from Brian Woolnough

Damn, forgot all about this, thanks for the reminder!

I replied to the original email basically asking him whether he is planning om writing a pro City article considering that's the best England have plAyed since Croatia with a team that included six of our players.

I just sent this.

Hello, Mr. Woolnough, and good morning to you (I say "good morning" because I write this at 08:38).

Now, a couple of months ago you wrote an article regarding Manchester City 'ruining' the English national team.

Last night, as I'm sure you well aware (but I'll take great pleasure in telling you again), 6 Manchester City players were on the field of play in the white shirts of England. Incase you missed them: Joe Hart, Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry, Adam Johnson, Shaun Wright-Phillips and James Milner were all playing.

Now, does that show 'ruining' the national team to you? Capello came out to the press this morning and said some of the football in first half was the best he'd ever seen England play, and that was with 5 Manchester City players on the field (Walcott substituted for Johnson due to injury). Does that mean we're runing the national team? Or does it mean that someone is offering you humble pie and saying 'here comes the aeroplane, open wide'?

If you're till an employee of the Daily Star by the time Euro 2012 comes around, I'll be sitting and waiting for you to do an article on how it was City's fault that we were knocked out of Euro 2012 because the team that was full of City players that couldn't do the job for England. Us Blues are in a catch 22 situation regarding recent journalism, and I'm sure, being an unbiased writer, you can see that. We sign foriegn stars and we are slated for not buying English players, but then whenever we do sign an English player, we're accused of paying too much (Lescott and Milner both for £24m), bar Adam Johnson, who we payed £7m for.

Admittedly, two of the 6 Manchester City players started sitting down on the bench, but 4 is enough to say that we are contributing massively to the English national team, something that you said we weren't doing only two months ago. It was exactly two months ago to this day, actually, isn't that strange? A lot changes in two months. Either that, or you have to open your eyes a bit wider.

Yours, Rob.

P.S. I do expect a reply, whether it is what I want to here or not.

MCFC Bob that is a brilliant E mail .
Sometimes Journos do not know what they are writng ,cos they write to get a reaction ,not to inform .
I wish we were all as articulate as you are ,because we should be bombarding Journos with E mails when they write unfair things about City,then they would soon change guaranteed .
The living proof is slur Al ,who will not telerate nagative publicity.

MCFC BOB said:
I just sent this.

Hello, Mr. Woolnough, and good morning to you (I say "good morning" because I write this at 08:38).

Now, a couple of months ago you wrote an article regarding Manchester City 'ruining' the English national team.

Last night, as I'm sure you well aware (but I'll take great pleasure in telling you again), 6 Manchester City players were on the field of play in the white shirts of England. Incase you missed them: Joe Hart, Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry, Adam Johnson, Shaun Wright-Phillips and James Milner were all playing.

Now, does that show 'ruining' the national team to you? Capello came out to the press this morning and said some of the football in first half was the best he'd ever seen England play, and that was with 5 Manchester City players on the field (Walcott substituted for Johnson due to injury). Does that mean we're runing the national team? Or does it mean that someone is offering you humble pie and saying 'here comes the aeroplane, open wide'?

If you're till an employee of the Daily Star by the time Euro 2012 comes around, I'll be sitting and waiting for you to do an article on how it was City's fault that we were knocked out of Euro 2012 because the team that was full of City players that couldn't do the job for England. Us Blues are in a catch 22 situation regarding recent journalism, and I'm sure, being an unbiased writer, you can see that. We sign foriegn stars and we are slated for not buying English players, but then whenever we do sign an English player, we're accused of paying too much (Lescott and Milner both for £24m), bar Adam Johnson, who we payed £7m for.

Admittedly, two of the 6 Manchester City players started sitting down on the bench, but 4 is enough to say that we are contributing massively to the English national team, something that you said we weren't doing only two months ago. It was exactly two months ago to this day, actually, isn't that strange? A lot changes in two months. Either that, or you have to open your eyes a bit wider.

Yours, Rob.

That is a brilliant mail and the only thing that you could have pointed out was that 5 of the 6 in the England squad started in City's last game. BUT that is just nit-picking.

stumpy_mcfc said:
MCFC BOB said:
I just sent this.

[/i][/b]

That is a brilliant mail and the only thing that you could have pointed out was that 5 of the 6 in the England squad started in City's last game. BUT that is just nit-picking.

They didn't, 4 did.. didnt johnson come on for defoe (?) and SWP on for grannyshagger?

MCFC BOB said:
I just sent this.

Yours, Rob.

Brilliant.

Hammo99 said:
stumpy_mcfc said:

They didn't, 4 did.. didnt johnson come on for defoe (?) and SWP on for grannyshagger?
Read again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.