My husband needs your support.

I'd like to add that gambling is one of the very few vices I don't partake in, but even those that like a bet must be able to see how insidiously evil these betting companies operate.

My husband loved football, I am a Manc and love Man City but he was an avid LCFC suporter. He went all over the place to watch them and started many of chants when he was watching the games. He would often come home with destroyed vocal chords. City was everything to him but he also had a soft spot for my team too

However, I recently lost my husband through a gambling addiction. He was a happy man but was sucked into a hole after being given 'free bets' which ultimately cost him his life. I have made a video that explains more here.

I have set up a petition asking the government to ban 'free bets'. This is where I am asking for your support. Could you sign and possibly share it.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/587806

Sorry for asking but I am trying to gain as much support for this as possible and as he put his all into being a huge footy supporter, I thought I would give this a go. Signing will take 1 minute and sharing will take even less time. Hope you do not mind me posting.

So so sorry for your loss.

A few years ago I posted on here about my gambling addiction. I know exactly how he felt and it was something that has nearly cost me my job, my marriage and my life.

I have relapsed so many times and got into some really bad financial situations , it is a truly awful gut wrenching experience- I know so many hide this addiction and I can see my mates on their phones gambling away down the pubs and I really worry they will go down a hole that I did.

Thankyou for speaking out and doing this.

I will sign and share

Stay strong x

@Luke'sLaw Done. I realise how much strength and courage this took to post. Glad you did, if you've not already done so please push to as many other football fan forums as possible - I think you'll easily push it past the 100k signature threshold which is when our politicians will be forced to publicly go on record rather than cosy up to the gambling industry. Thoughts and prayers with you for the road ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.