My lads first away day tomorrow.

I might be confusing it with another game at Ewood when the Darwin end was knocked down and we only had the pen up the side. I was in their seats for many games there in the 80s.

Correct, I was also at the game and we did have a decent allocation that day. We were truly dreadful and Simon Garner ripped us a new one, as he always seemed to do in the day :-(
I actually bought a scarf that day for some reason and I have always known it as my "Hillsborough scarf" :-(. Like all football fans everywhere that day, we all listened to the tragedy unfold on the radio on the drive home, with everyone in the car sat in stunned silence..... Only broken when one of the lads said "it could've been us" … truly shocking tragedy which should never, ever have happened!

I went to that Cardiff Cup match. Curle missed a pen in the last minute which I kind of wasn't too bothered about at the time as I feared it might incur their wrath even more if we'd have got a draw out of it. How wrong I was for it kicked off the worst I've seen outside afterwards! City had a load of barmies out that day too. We were all singing 'Engerland' on the way out which perhaps wasn't the wisest!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.