My new dog

We had a springer cross called Poppy! She was a border cross. A Sprollie? A Bringer? Mental dog. Smartest we ever had by an awful long way. Took all of about five minutes to teach her how to send her to the other end of the house to search for particular toys by name. Quite, uhh.. assertive with it - bossy with the other dogs! Ruled the roost from the moment she set foot in the house, all of 14 weeks old. Very strong willed, strong prey drive (watch out for the rubbish) and oh so energetic and strong. But very affectionate, receptive to training, and hilarious to live with.

We lost our old girl, Berry (another rescue) last August.
We still have our young two, Daisy and Pep. And now we have this beautiful 10 month old Springer Cross rescue coming to join us on August 22nd .... she will be called Poppy. View attachment 21830
How lovely!
Loss is hard to take but we know, as dog owners, that our time with them is special but all too brief. Now, you have the chance to provide a loving home to a new arrival, just as you did with Berry.

Last edited:
We had a springer cross called Poppy! She was a border cross. A Sprollie? A Bringer? Mental dog. Smartest we ever had by an awful long way. Took all of about five minutes to teach her how to send her to the other end of the house to search for particular toys by name. Quite, uhh.. assertive with it - bossy with the other dogs! Ruled the roost from the moment she set foot in the house, all of 14 weeks old. Very strong willed, strong prey drive (watch out for the rubbish) and oh so energetic and strong. But very affectionate, receptive to training, and hilarious to live with.

Yes, we are expecting a real handful! Looking forward to the other two helping her to settle in too.

How lovely!
Loss is hard to take but we know, as dog owners, that our time with them is special but all too brief. Now, you have the chance to provide a loving home to a new arrival, just as you did with Berry.

We had Berry since she was six years old. Used as a puppy machine,kept in a shed on a farm. Had never lived in a house at all ... and yet the sweetest nature ever. Always seemed happy, and our then seven year old boy, Goater loved her from day one.

Goater taught Daisy how to be a dog basically ... what a ball was for, how to swim and so much more. Then after he sadly passed, Berry did the same with Pep. Hopefully he and Daisy will now do the similar for Poppy next month...Will always be rescues for us now.

Exciting times ahead. :D

Arthur and his new mate, Buddy.
3a67bbd86615b8ac05c19cbe6d980b05.jpg

Bloody hell I forgot how tiring having a puppy can be, up at 5/6 am with it to go for a pee, great fun but I’m sure my daughter was easier as a baby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.