My new dog

View attachment 34223
Very sadly our beautiful boy passed away only a few months after the last videos I posted. 30/10/21.

As you could see from the videos he was a very healthy active fun loving 10 year old Lab. back in August and September.

Struck down very quickly by lung cancer. Went very quick after being diagnosed. Left us devastated.

Don’t Know when and if we will get another one. Getting mixed advice from different sources.
My advice would be to give yourself a bit of time. It’s been several months since our cat was killed and I still can’t get over it.

I’m not ready to replace her and rushing to get a new dog may just make things worse in the long run mate.

My old rescue still going strong at around 15, lumpy as anything and riddled with arthritis but oily fish, salmon fish oil, glucosamine and chondroitin, hydrolysed collagen have helped him over the years, recently some hip and joint hemp treats have been added and they’ve made a HUGE difference, and highly recommended if your dog has similar issues.

Attachments

• 1F6348F4-1792-4683-845E-0F5F2D7ABB19.jpeg
    1F6348F4-1792-4683-845E-0F5F2D7ABB19.jpeg
    847.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 8BDED13E-D7C2-4DA7-B9AD-CA1F5E24C4E0.jpeg
    8BDED13E-D7C2-4DA7-B9AD-CA1F5E24C4E0.jpeg
    660.1 KB · Views: 20
View attachment 34223
Very sadly our beautiful boy passed away only a few months after the last videos I posted. 30/10/21.

As you could see from the videos he was a very healthy active fun loving 10 year old Lab. back in August and September.

Struck down very quickly by lung cancer. Went very quick after being diagnosed. Left us devastated.

Don’t Know when and if we will get another one. Getting mixed advice from different sources.
Sorry for your loss, unfortunately you never get over it.Getting another dog especially a rescue helps relieve some of the pain though.You’ll know when the time is right.

My advice would be to give yourself a bit of time. It’s been several months since our cat was killed and I still can’t get over it.

I’m not ready to replace her and rushing to get a new dog may just make things worse in the long run mate.
When i lost my 21 yr old cat it was over a year of depression and grief and i went quite loopy , even when i adopted silva i spent the first couple of weeks distraught it was too soon , i loved the bones of her though , when i lost her by hit by a car last year i didnt wait too long as i didnt want to slip back into that state so waited just four months to get merlin and it felt right , there is no right and wrong though , it is individual choice

When i lost my 21 yr old cat it was over a year of depression and grief and i went quite loopy , even when i adopted silva i spent the first couple of weeks distraught it was too soon , i loved the bones of her though , when i lost her by hit by a car last year i didnt wait too long as i didnt want to slip back into that state so waited just four months to get merlin and it felt right , there is no right and wrong though , it is individual choice

When we lost our first Springer, Jack The Bastard, he earned his name, believe me ;-) I was similar. Waited too long to get our next, Goater out of respect to Jack.

When we lost Goater, we already had two other rescues (Berry and Daisy) and it really helped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.