My opinion about Kolarov

Re: The truth about Kolorov

Bridge better ! ffs get a grip,have a think before posting utter shite some people.

Woah. What has bluemoon come to? People claiming Bridge is better than Kolarov? Kolarov might not be the best but seriously, Wayne Bridge? Holy shit.

bridge isn't better than Kolarov.

Kolarov isn't good.

Clichy is ten times the player of both above.

Kolarov clearly can't adapt to a quick game of football, were not in italy anymore.

Freestyler said:

Kolarov isn't good.

Kolarov clearly can't adapt to a quick game of football, were not in italy anymore.

All true.

remoh said:
Freestyler said:

Kolarov isn't good.

All true.

Very.

Kolarov was poor last night but so were Yaya and Dzeko.
I thought Yaya was at fault for both goals.
On the first goal he was the player supposed to cut-out the ball coming into the near post area, he was stood 3 feet in front of Cavani and looked over his shoulder at him twice before the corner was taken. He was slow to react and Cavani stole 2 yards on him to head the ball goalwards. What happened then is down to zonal marking. Admittedly both Kolarov and Hart should have done better but Yaya should have cut out the corner.
On the second goal, Cavani when faced up by De Jong played it out wide, De Jong went out to cover the overlap and help Zab. Yaya who was 2 yards away from Cavani should have tracked back and picked up him, instead he just stood there and left him to run free in the area.
I'm not saying Kolarov is a great fullback, only that he was not solely responsible for our defeat.
Although his passing last night was absolutely woeful.

There's a lot of criticism of Kolarov on here and people are entitled to their opinion. For me, it wasn't last night's game that gave it away - he is slow off the mark, poor in the air and a ball watcher - all qualities that have led me to conclude, some time ago, that we need better cover for Clichy. OK, there are other left backs that aren't great in the air but they tend to have an excess of the other necessary qualities. He can be good going forwards, which against lesser teams compensates for his lack of defensive qualities, but not against the best.

What did annoy the shit out of me last night was that he just looked like he didn't give a toss - overhit crosses, in the second half few forward runs (even in the last ten minutes when he showed no urgency) and I didn't see him win a header all night against a relatively small team. As for his defensive showing, well I thought Lescott baled him out all night.

Others might say lack of regular football, low confidence etc - I just thought he lacked motivation which I can't accept. Think I finished the game with more of a sweat on!

carling cup player.

micah and clichy in all 'must win' games please bobby

Ntini77 said:
Bridge is certainly not better than Kolarov. It is quite baffling that they both cost more than Clichy, though.

Nice observation.

And BTW, Jose Enrique was sold to Liverpool for 6 million and I see him better than Kolarov and Bridge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.