My PS3 has died

See, this is why I love the SNES. You can throw that thing against a wall, dip it in acid and put it on the radiator... but blow on that cartridge and slam the fucker in and Hey Presto. Mario time.

<in before blow jokes>

RandomJ said:
MATCITY said:
stony said:
That's like trading a Jag in for a Citroen Saxo.
Its like being punched in the face rather than kicked in the bollocks

Xboxs have their problems but PS3s are far worse

Bollocks. I've had my PS3 since the day it came out whats that like 5+ years ago? and never had a single problem with it. Bought an Xbox and it broke within a month, sent it to Microsoft to get fixed and then it broke again. Complete waste of money.

The problem you have is that you HAVE a PS3, biggest pile of gash console around. Everyone I know with one tries to save it by saying its got a blue ray player, so?!! The graphics are shocking and still gets pissed all over by an older console (Xbox 360) and you playstation fans will be replacing it the same year I replace my much older console, had 2 Xbox 360 since 2005 so no complaints about it from me.

Oh here we go, a team xbox vs team ps3 debate. Holy shit. Ive had both and i can safely say they are both good but cater for a different audience.
Anyhow..there are self fixes you could attempt just check out ebay. Failing that i would sell it for parts and search hot uk deals for a cheap one.

YLOD, get it changed through sony, my original one (from release like yours) went and i paid the money through sony, since then i've had 4 more off them and i ain't paid another penny. Once your on there system it seems that if you get a reconditioned one off them they expect you to call back at some point saying that one has died too. i kept getting the original style one's which only lasted 6 months max, but since changing to the newer style (touch wood) i've had no issues. Good luck anyway pal, hope you get it sorted soon.

RandomJ said:
MATCITY said:
stony said:
That's like trading a Jag in for a Citroen Saxo.

Bollocks. I've had my PS3 since the day it came out whats that like 5+ years ago? and never had a single problem with it. Bought an Xbox and it broke within a month, sent it to Microsoft to get fixed and then it broke again. Complete waste of money.

Bought my elite 4 years ago and no problems yet. Although the headsets only have a life span of about 4-6 months.

Im on my third PS3 now and tbh if you are a mental gamer and the console isnt in an area were it can stay cool these things happen just wait a week or two and get the new super slim ps3 thats out ;)

ManCitizens. said:
RandomJ said:
MATCITY said:

Bought my elite 4 years ago and no problems yet. Although the headsets only have a life span of about 4-6 months.

Mines just died after 4 years, ordered a 2nd hand one from amazon for £70.

Both Original xboxes and PS3 have problems with overheating which casues RROD on 360 and YLOD of death on PS3. Both are fixable but will involved taking your console apart. If you can't be bothered with the hassle just buy another. If your buying second hand try and get the lastest revision of the the console as later iterations have improved designs.

Long_Jong_Silva said:
Both Original xboxes and PS3 have problems with overheating which casues RROD on 360 and YLOD of death on PS3. Both are fixable but will involved taking your console apart. If you can't be bothered with the hassle just buy another. If your buying second hand try and get the lastest revision of the the console as later iterations have improved designs.
After my last 360 died on me.Got a new 1 of argos.I went on ebay and found cooling fans for both consoles,and cheapish.Had this 360 for 3 years with no problems,and does not get hot with the extra fan on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.