My sons' event.

There's countless examples but they retweeted this today. I think the things they're campaigning for will lead to far worse outcomes for everyone in society but especially black minorities.

One person tweeted that. I would always want to read her full submission before comment as I suspect there is much more to her suggested solution than the anarchic prospect of zero policing as the selected tweet suggests.

Within all organisations there are extreme views; it's true in our own mainstream political parties, after all.

My sons and I support a drive for greater equality and they have done something about it, based on their beliefs. You may not support it and that's fine; I have taken much criticism for my stance but, generally, I see what place that comes from. Fortunately, I was here to say thank you to those who supported the event, not to seek validation from those who do not.

Last edited:
One person tweeted that.

Within all organisations there are extreme views; it's true in our own mainstream political parties, after all.

My sons and I support a drive for greater equality and they have done something about it, based on their beliefs. You may not support it and that's fine; I have taken much criticism for my stance but, generally, I see what place that comes from. Fortunately, I was here to say thank you to those who supported the event, not to seek validation from those who do not.

There are rogue views within all parties, true but they don't consistently come from the official account and happen day-in, day-out and across multiple platforms for multiple years.

I think you're being wilfully blind if you think these are the rogue views of one person in the organisation and/or you are very naive to think their aims will bring about a path to a better society and greater equality.

There are rogue views within all parties, true but they don't consistently come from the official account and happen day-in, day-out and across multiple platforms for multiple years.

I think you're being wilfully blind if you think these are the rogue views of one person in the organisation and/or you are very naive to think their aims will bring about a path to a better society and greater equality.
That's cool. My opinion of your contribution is not positive so we can move on.

There's countless examples but they retweeted this today. I think the things they're campaigning for will lead to far worse outcomes for everyone in society but especially black minorities.

Not sure you understand what is going on. Defunding the police means to switch overblown police budgets and spend the money on neglected social programmes such as housing, education, mental health, etc. Many mayors and police chiefs are sympathetic to this. You should look up Derecka Purnell and read some of the background before posting.
A good rundown on utube.

Not sure you understand what is going on. Defunding the police means to switch overblown police budgets and spend the money on neglected social programmes such as housing, education, mental health, etc. Many mayors and police chiefs are sympathetic to this. You should look up Derecka Purnell and read some of the background before posting.
A good rundown on utube.
Indeed. Actually my sons chose the Stephen Lawrence Foundation but you have to read deeper than a single tweet.

A good rundown on utube.

So if that's what defund the police means, what does 'abolish the police' mean?

From the official fundraising page: https://www.gofundme.com/f/ukblm-fund

Plus multiple, multiple other sources over the years from BLM and affiliated to BLM.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/opinion/sunday/floyd-abolish-defund-police.html

Also, 'overblown police budget', have you missed the past 10 years of austerity? What fucking planet are you on? I think you're the one who should read before posting.

Last edited:
So if that's what defund the police means, what does 'abolish the police' mean?

From the official fundraising page: https://www.gofundme.com/f/ukblm-fund

Plus multiple, multiple other sources over the years from BLM and affiliated to BLM.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/opinion/sunday/floyd-abolish-defund-police.html

Also, 'overblown police budget', have you missed the past 10 years of austerity? What fucking planet are you on? I think you're the one who should read before posting.

US police depts have not generally had 10 years of austerity.
BLM is not a unitary organization, with an agreed agenda, so picking out a few tweets and concluding that 'they' are doing this or that is just silly, whoever 'they' are.
I can tell from your response that you have not bothered to view the utube I linked to.
You do not specify what policies will lead to the worse outcomes you forecast.
A poor response to a complex and tragic situation.
I won't respond further.

US police depts have not generally had 10 years of austerity.
BLM is not a unitary organization, with an agreed agenda, so picking out a few tweets and concluding that 'they' are doing this or that is just silly, whoever 'they' are.
I can tell from your response that you have not bothered to view the utube I linked to.
You do not specify what policies will lead to the worse outcomes you forecast.
A poor response to a complex and tragic situation.
I won't respond further.

The very definition of 'a poor response to a tragic situation' is defunding or abolishing the police and that's what you seem to be advocating or excusing.

Anyway, I'm glad the OP has decided to donate the money elsewhere. My input on this thread was to raise issues about BLM so I'm glad the money is going to another charity that campaigns for racial equality but one that's not tarnished by many of the toxic things that BLM UK stand for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.