My Take On Today **Warning For Happy-Clappers**

Not wanting to be pedantic but i've never seen a game won on possession or stats. Goals win games, more goals than the opposition it then equates to points. Points win prizes!

FFS it's half a new team with a significant contingent of players who have never played in the Premiership before, who aren't used to each other and who everyone knows will need time to click and in spite of all of that, we are second. You moaners have FUCK ALL to moan about. We have the best squad in the country and we are highly likely to improve that squad again come January and people are moaning???! Sorry, but WTF?!!! Grow up and get agrip And for those rags amongst us who are pathetic, cringe-worthy and desperate enough to pretend to be disenchanted blues, you need to remember that you are rag fornicators. You don't do humour. You shouldn't try.

I seriously wouldn't worry about the length of any post. Nobody is forced to read it, and since it's a given that we were below standard today I am interested in anybody's opinion on why that is.

On the positive side, what I did think we did well was react to the way Newcastle played. They defended very high up the pitch and we spotted this and put a lot of balls over the top or through the defence. It reminded me of when Bellamy first signed and we tried to get the ball quickly to him to use his pace.

They dropped noticeably deeper in the second half and we had a lot more time and space in midfield. That might be why as someone else said we had an awful lot of the ball in the first period of the second half. Maybe no surprise that with them sitting 20 yards deeper we brought on Ade to keep them there.
Then with them tiring we brought on AJ and Bob's your Uncle. And your manager.

I must say I thought we were lucky not to give away a penalty (Lescott?) with about 10 minutes left, but we had a couple of decent shouts penalty apart from the one that was given. But penalty claims aside, they did virtually nothing in the second half whereas we could have scored one or two more. The win was there for the taking, and even without playing that well we took it.

So we didn't really outplay them; as many have said, we were fairly average today. But we did outthink them.

Chris in London said:
I seriously wouldn't worry about the length of any post. Nobody is forced to read it, and since it's a given that we were below standard today I am interested in anybody's opinion on why that is.

On the positive side, what I did think we did well was react to the way Newcastle played. They defended very high up the pitch and we spotted this and put a lot of balls over the top or through the defence. It reminded me of when Bellamy first signed and we tried to get the ball quickly to him to use his pace.

They dropped noticeably deeper in the second half and we had a lot more time and space in midfield. That might be why as someone else said we had an awful lot of the ball in the first period of the second half. Maybe no surprise that with them sitting 20 yards deeper we brought on Ade to keep them there.
Then with them tiring we brought on AJ and Bob's your Uncle. And your manager.

I must say I thought we were lucky not to give away a penalty (Lescott?) with about 10 minutes left, but we had a couple of decent shouts penalty apart from the one that was given. But penalty claims aside, they did virtually nothing in the second half whereas we could have scored one or two more. The win was there for the taking, and even without playing that well we took it.

So we didn't really outplay them; as many have said, we were fairly average today. But we did outthink them.

playing poorly and still grinding out results would be a new experience for most Blues

Yes we were very poor today and if Newcastle had a Shearer or a Cole up front they would have destroyed us.

The biggest issue is a problem we had last season as well, we struggle against teams that play well as a unit don't rely on one out and out match winner. Having said that we tended to draw last year at least we won today!

I always expected today's game with this being the 3rd game in 8 days, and so soon after Juve on Thursday.

Look at the impact on other teams who played in europe eg Utd, Liverpool and Barca.

Silly to generalise on 1 game. You have to take the season to date to look at how we are doing

The results and performances are very encouraging, but we all know that City aren't the finished article. I think mancini will be even more demanding of his players than the biggest critic on here, but the difference is we are supporters, and the anxiety and frustration in the stands transmits itself to the players. Maybe it's pointless to exhort fans to get behind the team when they are struggling a little

I was as pleased today with the win as I was with Chelsea, because today we dug a win out with a moment of class from a game where we were below par - and that's a sign of a good team. Despite mis-firing in midfield and up front, we still defended properly

disco dancer said:
I thought todays performance was shite but we won, dare I say it but sign of a team capable of winning the championship.
Entirely agree, some of the commments on here remind me of ushited fans (after a win) on radio phone ins slagging their team. Some games will be pretty some will be dire but we won, style class and guile will follow and we are starting to show that already.....patience blues patience, all will follow ;)

Quality v quantity is always an interesting argument.

The OPs stats are bollox so the quality of his post is questionable to say the least as it's based on rubbish. The quantity however cannot be argued with.

Gelsons Dad said:
Quality v quantity is always an interesting argument.

The OPs stats are bollox so the quality of his post is questionable to say the least as it's based on rubbish. The quantity however cannot be argued with.

i have used the official BBC figures, if they are wrong then sorry, but I used them in good faith.

I respect you as a decent poster but don't like your attitude on this, I'll let it pass as miscommunication.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.