My Take On Today **Warning For Happy-Clappers**

mad zab said:
If you have a point to make, please don't write an esay as guys like me just won't read it.

If you are saying we were poor today, then you are correct. This could have been said in two sentences.

I am happy we won, but that doesn't make me a "happy clapper".

As for the Juve game we were poor until they scored and then dominated the game.

Our problem at the moment is that we don't create enough clear chances, but I am willing to give it time and see what happens.

BTW we are second, so cheer the fuck up!!! LOL

obviously haven't read it then lol :)

JoeMercer'sWay said:
So all in all, good result, less than impressive performance. But oh well we won, Liverpool and Arsenal lost, haha, 2nd in the league :).

this is the main point for me but i cant argue with everything else you said but how many times have we come away from a game and lost but bloody slaughtered the other team !

times are changing a hope.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
mad zab said:
If you have a point to make, please don't write an esay as guys like me just won't read it.

If you are saying we were poor today, then you are correct. This could have been said in two sentences.

I am happy we won, but that doesn't make me a "happy clapper".

As for the Juve game we were poor until they scored and then dominated the game.

Our problem at the moment is that we don't create enough clear chances, but I am willing to give it time and see what happens.

BTW we are second, so cheer the fuck up!!! LOL

obviously haven't read it then lol :)

I read the first paragraph mate and then thought "why bother"!!

We were rubbish today and you don't have to write an essay to say so.

scek said:
Christ. 2nd in the table and what do you do - whinge and moan.

there was enough for a whole army to criticize today so an opinion is allowed no matter the result or were we may lie in the league,maybe just maybe what most of us fans saw today mancini and his staff also saw and will sort these little niggles out.

i agree with a lot of that mate. we were poor today and poor in midweek. i feel like if tevez isnt firing them in then sometimes we can be a little clueless. the passing was really poor at times today. mancini made really good changes today although johnson should have been brought on 10 minutes earlier i think. as a team it is really good that we are winning games even when we arent playing well. we were nowhere near our best todsy but still got the result and in fairness we had many other opportunities but we over played it. we need to pick it up but at least we are winning and deserve to be 2nd in the table.

rastus said:
Too long to intrest me but I did read the
Oh well we won
bit.

You sound so unhappy, maybe we should wish for the days of.....oh, erm, well.

We arnt the finished article yet fella, get behind your team

I think he is behind the team and had a well balanced argument there. I've not been particularly entertained, excited or impressed with any of our games and performances so far this season. But look at our points total! So I am happy overall.

We really do lack tempo to our play. It's all well and good saying we control the tempo of the game (which we didn't today) but that slow, methodical control is only useful when we're winning, not when we are drawing or behind. Because it's too easy to defend against and is predictable. So because of this we create very few and far between chances. Luckily we have Tevez who usually tucks away his chances, and for once we get a penalty that shouldn't have been given, and enough quality dotted around the team to put away these few chances. But, like at Sunderland - sometimes things don't always fall right and you have to ensure that you create more chances when the posts are thicker than normal or the pitch is full of divvets, or we'll drop points throughout the season.

In every game we have put in small periods of play where we up our tempo and the opposition can't live with us. But we need to have the fitness, speed, movement, passing quality and overall confidence and belief in everything we do; to do it more often or ideally even for a whole game. I'm not talking about blood and thunder, kick and rush, typical English league style of football. I'm talking about doing everything we're doing currently but with a little more effort and speed!

But as I say I'm happy overall and in spells we do look really damaging!

Yes we are 2nd and it makes a change for us to win in that scenario when we would normally screw it up. But it doesn't disguise the fact that we were out of sorts today in too many areas.

Some of those areas are quite crucial; Not getting enough support in attack quickly enough, slowing the play down instead of quick, incisive attacks and an unwillingness from too many players to have a pop when in a good position. Let's hope it was just a bad day at the office after a tiring couple of weeks.

On the good side, key players are getting fitter or closer to a return so by the time we get to the 10-12 game mark, when things really start sorting themselves out, then we could be nicely placed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.