my tattoo

Taken from the OS :

"1997 City unveil a new club badge. This new design features the Latin motto “Superbia in proelio” meaning ‘Pride in battle’."

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Superbia in praelio also means pride in battle

Superbia in praelia means pride in the wars

Superbia in praelia means pride in conflict (unless you're attempting to pluralise it in the third declension, which is slightly complicated)

tru3 blu3 said:
This is a pic of My brother-in-laws tattoo.....

What do you all think?

IMAG0078_zps8110c531.jpg

Thats great<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:48 pm --<br /><br />
quiet_riot said:
andyhinch said:
BlueMo' said:
I think it's class but i like tattoos.
That is well done.
Where was it done,

On his back.

Laughed more than i should have

On another note recently watched one of the South Africa tour vids on the official website. Our special room at the stadium had in large writing our motto "Superbia In Proelia"

Strange we see so many different interpretations and apparently none of them are wrong!
But it would seem "Proelio" is the one for the purists.

The thing is whichever "P-" is used works. However I think "Superbia" is a negative thing, as in too much pride/over confidence/up yer own arse. My RE teacher at school told me that when we first got the new badge. No reason to disbelieve him, even though I didn't believe a word of anything he taught us on the National Curriculum!

All down to personal preference isn't it.I wouldn't have one if offered a massive amount of money.I just think they look awful.

funny as f**k this thread, got the city crest on my arm 10 year ago, fading abit. will not be goin back to get it inked in, not after this debate, haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.