My Wembley dress code

I stand to be corrected but I'm sure I was told no 'replica shirts' but you can wear polo shirts with City crest on, or other such like tops, even old stylie 1960's tops

Eds said:
Just received blurb from Club Wembley and it starts with this:-

Tomorrow, Saturday 11 May 2013, Manchester United will take on Wigan Athletic in The FA Cup with Budweiser Final 2013 (kick-off 17:15).

Makes your blood boil doesn't it?

And if you went on the BBC Sport - Football website you wouldn't even know there was a game tomorrow!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/</a>

I like the pin badge idea, subtle for the execs that. Scarf wouldn't go amiss either, was going to drop my boss last years championship winning scarf today for a bit of luck, but considering there's free beer in execs that scarf may have gone missing.

To all going, enjoy! Cheer em on for me ;)

jimharri said:
ban-mcfc said:
i wouldn't know, i'm just a mere peasant ;)

i'm sure i saw blues wearing scarves on some pics from club wembley though.
Scarves are okay in the Club Wembley seats;
qMbTsY7l.jpg

No replica shirts though.

Pretty sure the kid in the bottom right hand corner of this picture has the 2010/11 home shirt on.

An apology from Wembley!

In our recent correspondence regarding tomorrow's FA Cup with Budweiser Final, we mistakenly stated that the finalists were Manchester United and Wigan Athletic.
We would just like to confirm that it is, of course, Manchester City v Wigan Athletic in this year's final.

We apologise for any confusion caused and to Manchester City fans in particular. We look forward to welcoming you all to Wembley Stadium tomorrow.

lanzablue said:
Ifwecouldjust....... said:
lanzablue said:
It says on the ticket '' No Club Shirts ''
On the back it says no teams colours other than those printed on the ticket.

I take that to mean you could turn up dressed head to toe in sky blue with City shorts on as long as your shirt didn't have a City badge on it.

Assuming you're in a neutral or City area what do you guys think you can get away with ? I wouldn't want to be getting any mither either getting into the ground or with the officials when I'm in there.

No club strip or badges in club wembley...........they are dead strict and will make you remove at turnstile then sell you an England shirt for £50 or you'll get turned away...there are no 'areas' 'cos club wembley middle tier runs right the way round the stadium so everybody can mingle...hence NO STRIP ..........best wear a sky blue polo/Shirt or similar

This is the info I'm looking for.
Is that defo ?
It's not for me, I don't care too much about wearing a club shirt but my little lad will be mortified if he can't wear his City kit.
Would they turn us both away just cos a little fella is wearing a 'club shirt' ?
Think I'm gonna have to ring em tomoz but problem is the party line can be a lot different to reality :/

no ...trust me its dead strict....they wont mind a polo tho with a club badge on it but deffo no club strip / shirts. Reason is

No segregation

its mainly corporate so a lot of posh knobs / wives etc and they don't want them upsetting if any thing kicks off

Not a lot of police presence in the middle tier

Last time I was in Club wembley they were making people ditch their club shirts and buy England ones. If they couldn't afford it they were denied entry.

Wouldn't risk it m8

BringBackSwales said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Really don't get the obsession with 'club colours' to be honest. Why bother?

yes lets not have anyone in our end wearing a City shirt or scarf or anything else sky blue, it would like terrible in our end with everyone wearing City colours

I'll be in my 70's shirt - always am.............<br /><br />-- Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 pm --<br /><br />Have I got this right - I am sitting on lower tier in City end - and I cant wear my City shirt? I thought it meant not in the middle tier only? Wore mine to the semi v utd and the final v stoke without issue, so has the policy changed?

ANY1aBLUE said:
BringBackSwales said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Really don't get the obsession with 'club colours' to be honest. Why bother?

yes lets not have anyone in our end wearing a City shirt or scarf or anything else sky blue, it would like terrible in our end with everyone wearing City colours

I'll be in my 70's shirt - always am.............

-- Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 pm --

Have I got this right - I am sitting on lower tier in City end - and I cant wear my City shirt? I thought it meant not in the middle tier only? Wore mine to the semi v utd and the final v stoke without issue, so has the policy changed?

can someone answer me before i iron this shirt?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.