Name change

kippaxkid74 said:
eggbert said:
i know that if somebody dies then the points die with the person so im sure if you want to change the name but still keep the points that card has i dont think you can.

i think you can change the name but you will start on 0 points, then again with there being a waiting list now maybe the people on the waiting list would be givin it before you, its best to keep the old name but just use it.

^They better bloody not do!!
Me and my mum been season ticket for about 25 years, and she's now 68 and not the greatest of health - in that nice morbid way people do sometimes when they feel ill (?!) she asked me would i be able to get her ticket changed to my partners if she drops dead (nice topic with your parent!!! but she was laughing as well, so it's ok!). I looked into it on here and people seemed to say that if a parent dies, city will let you keep it to a relative/partner but you lose the points, ie you keep the seat.

They better still use that rule, otherwise that's not fair (*whines!*)
Everyone knows that if it's an adult card for an adult card people just don't bother telling so they get to keep points as well - why should honest over 65s miss out?!?!? Or do i get my partner to have a sex change and try to look over 65?!

*and relax! She's not dropping dead for another 20 years at least!* ;)

City wont know is she is no longer with us / or care as long as the ticket is being paid for. It is well known at Stretford that a good deal of current season ticket holders died years ago.....

^ yes, but how can a 30s/40s male enter the ground on a ticket that if read will show it to be an over 65s woman?

The light inside the stadium lights up to show a concession. I doubt we could blag it for more than a few matches.. :(

If you're still on an adult ticket when you pop your clogs your nearest and dearest are sorted!! ;)

kippaxkid74 said:
^ yes, but how can a 30s/40s male enter the ground on a ticket that if read will show it to be an over 65s woman?

The light inside the stadium lights up to show a concession. I doubt we could blag it for more than a few matches.. :(

If you're still on an adult ticket when you pop your clogs your nearest and dearest are sorted!! ;)

Can you phone up and renew it as an adult (full price) ticket in her name? Explain to the ticket office that she's not in the best of health and often has to decide on the day of the game if she can attend, so rather than the hassle of upgrading to an adult at short notice you'd prefer to pay the extra for the season? Worst they can say is no!

SB Blue said:
kippaxkid74 said:

Can you phone up and renew it as an adult (full price) ticket in her name? Explain to the ticket office that she's not in the best of health and often has to decide on the day of the game if she can attend, so rather than the hassle of upgrading to an adult at short notice you'd prefer to pay the extra for the season? Worst they can say is no!

My mate has just tried to do a similar thing with a junior ticket. Wanted to upgrade to full price for the season instead of paying for a junior and going through the hassle of upgrading to an adult on the games that his kid couldn't attend. The ticket office said this was not possible and so lost out on an extra £400 for the season ticket. So it would seem we are not that bothered about FFP!

I managed to change the name on mine but I had to tell a little lie.

My dads mate used to have the seasoncard before me but when he couldn't go anymore he asked if I wanted it.

I phoned up to change the name but the club said I would need a letter from the previous owner confirming they were happy for me to take over the card and the loyalty points. I couldn't be bothered with that so I just left the name as it was.

The following season when it was time for renewal I phoned up again. I told the club that the ticket was shared between me and my step dad. I said that my mum had stopped seeing my step dad and asked for the name to be changed. The woman on the phone was happy to change the name and didn't really ask any questions.

I think you've just got to be a bit creative! It also depends on the person you speak with. Some people don't really seem bothered whereas others need a letter written in the Pope's blood and signed by Santa Claus.

Definitely depends on who you speak to by the sounds of it.

At the start of last season my two seasoncards didn't work, so I got them changed after the second game. When I first bought seasoncards years ago I couldn't remember my mate's address when I got to the box office so I took them out in mine and my wife's names. She never used it, he always did.

I had to actually go to the Box Office to get the new cards last season, so thought I'd ask whether the name and address on the second card could change from my wife to my mate. The girl did it straight away. No probs with loyalty points or anything.

The Mancunian Way said:
Just wondering, can you change the name on a season card if someone can't go?

easy

£50 and you can easily get this back

£25 name change by deed poll to mates name show this to club and then tell them you've moved to mates address

then just change name back £25

win win
keep all loyalty points from original ticket

£50 small price to pay to keep thousands of loyalty points

then you can sell on top match tickets and get your £50 back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.