Name me 10 wingers from other teams better than Petrov

BoyBlue_1985 said:
GStar said:
You think Benayoun/Young/Giggs/Walcott/Malouda are better than Petrov? Petrov is probably the best LW in the league, if not top 3... bar Giggs he's probably got the best left foot in the league.

I'm not sure there are any wingers better than Petrov, but a good few in the league on the same sort of level... creating and scoring goals, Petrov is fantastic.

Technically Robbie has a better left foot but thats a different argument

Robbie's right footed?

Just for the record, I think Petrov is great. Ok he don't tackle but you dont buy wingers to tackle you buy them to attack.
Its not his fault he's always had weak leftbacks behind him (cant think he's started that many games in front of Bridge).
Anyway I hope he gets a new 12 month extention ala Giggs.

Numptyed said:
Just for the record, I think Petrov is great. Ok he don't tackle but you dont buy wingers to tackle you buy them to attack.

Perhaps someone should tell SWP that (and the likes of Bellamy, Ireland and Tevez too as presumably they are also excused from tackling/defending). Then you may wonder why the opposition has so much easy possession.

You should expect both attack and defence (or at least a certain degree of it) from your wingers, just as you should expect your full backs to get forward to support the attack.

Personally I feel we have too many 1 dimensional players in our squad and that's why we struggle to dominate games.

However, Petrov isn't going to change and I'd be more than happy to keep him but feel that nowadays he's best suited to coming on from the bench when we are chasing games. That way he's free to attack without worrying about defence too much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.