Naming of the stands

Sheikh said:
The North stand has to be called the erm..... North stand on every stadium for the emergency services.

I'd love us to have a Kippax stand just for the history.

Maybe they have a North stand on the stadium plan for the fire services but an arrow pointing north would do a better job.

Bastard, I've gone and checked all this now. Ground orientation from google satellite view, I know ours is correct facing just slightly off true North towards the North West.

For next season's Premier League only 10 of the stadia are in a North North West to North North East orientation, only 6 of these clubs (Arsenal, City, Southampton, Sunderland, Swansea and Tottenham) have stands named North Stand (North Bank for Arsenal) that are in NNW to NNE.

There are also 10 clubs with stands named North Stand, the six above plus Un***d, Aston Villa, Hull City & Stoke City (the Boothen End/ North Stand), the latter 3 are at the North West of the stadium
The swamp is unique in that the stadium has an ENE/ SSW orientation and the Slur Alex/ North Stand is the only North Stand that is not an end, it goes down the side.

10 grounds do not have a North Stand.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
jknight said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Have they got a Wagstaffe Stand?

No Jack Harris, Billy Wright, Stan Cullis, Steve Bull - can't see there being a Steve Morgan stand anytime soon either (it would like us having the Peter Swales stand) :-)
The emergency exits could be re-named as "Swales Out"

Very good, GDM!

Page 4 and no-one's suggested the Roberto Mancini Stand? If you're the manager when you win the league for the first time in 44 years, you get a stand named after you - that should be a hard and fast rule.

Carver said:
warpig said:
when we moved to the new ground they should have named the south stand the north stand and the north stand the south stand.

while geographically being incorrect, it would reflect their correct orientation and alignment in relation to the old kippax at Maine road.

it would also be an interesting pub quiz type question for sad trainspotter type people, like ermmm me.

Eh?

vocal north stand from maine road went to the south stand at the ethihad. has been a long day, I'm off to lie down.

warpig said:
Carver said:
warpig said:
when we moved to the new ground they should have named the south stand the north stand and the north stand the south stand.

while geographically being incorrect, it would reflect their correct orientation and alignment in relation to the old kippax at Maine road.

it would also be an interesting pub quiz type question for sad trainspotter type people, like ermmm me.

Eh?

vocal north stand from maine road went to the south stand at the ethihad. has been a long day, I'm off to lie down.

Aye and vocal Kippax moved to North Stand 1994 onwards - therefore the South Stand could be called the Kippax North Stand.

Corky said:
warpig said:
Carver said:

Aye and vocal Kippax moved to North Stand 1994 onwards - therefore the South Stand could be called the Kippax North Stand.

the kippax north south north stand has more of a ring to it tbf.

warpig said:
Corky said:
warpig said:

the kippax north south north stand has more of a ring to it tbf.

Yeah almost as good as the KEYgan 103 it once was

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.