Naming of the stands

Corky said:
warpig said:
Corky said:
Aye and vocal Kippax moved to North Stand 1994 onwards - therefore the South Stand could be called the Kippax North Stand.

the kippax north south north stand has more of a ring to it tbf.

Yeah almost as good as the KEYgan 103 it once was

you'll have to explain what that means next time you see me. you've lost me there (which isn't difficult granted).

panzer1311 said:
The Bert Trautmann stand is a must , now while the great man is still with us ! , don't wait untill he passes away

LEGEND !

Please do this City this man was and is part of our history,remember that only a few years after the war first Manchester then the rest of Britain could see Bert helping wounds to heal on both sides.Bloody good goalie as well by the way

warpig said:
Corky said:
warpig said:
the kippax north south north stand has more of a ring to it tbf.

you'll have to explain what that means next time you see me. you've lost me there (which isn't difficult granted).

Key 103 sponsored the south stand and had a sign up with keegan/key 103 amalgamated in some way for about 2 years before he left.

Not cryptic :)

warpig said:
Carver said:
warpig said:
when we moved to the new ground they should have named the south stand the north stand and the north stand the south stand.

while geographically being incorrect, it would reflect their correct orientation and alignment in relation to the old kippax at Maine road.

it would also be an interesting pub quiz type question for sad trainspotter type people, like ermmm me.

Eh?

vocal north stand from maine road went to the south stand at the ethihad. has been a long day, I'm off to lie down.

Nah, it went from the Platt lane via the North Stand ;-) although we were shat at the time, I have some happy memories of the old Platt lane and later the North stand. A block in the main stand was cool as well. Some crackin lads in there.

The Gasometer End?

The Mary D's South Stand?

The Asda Stand?

Sorted

Corky said:
warpig said:
Corky said:

Key 103 sponsored the south stand and had a sign up with keegan/key 103 amalgamated in some way for about 2 years before he left.

Not cryptic :)

ahhh, right. kind of thought it was to do with someone needing a key because they were locked in room 103 ;-)

Dont know why they're even called stands when you arent allowed to stand.
Should be called the colin bell sit, the south sit etc etc

[North] The Family Stand
[South] The Bert Trautman End (Trautman End or "The Traut'" as nicknames)
[East] The Eastlands Grandstand
[West] The Colin Bell Stand

I have only ever had a Kippax season ticket.

This has involved temporary placement in the old Platt Lane, North Stand, back home and the final move to East Stand.

I started in the Kippax and will finish in the Kippax so the debate for that is over. Rediculously I continue to sit with lots of the same people who have shared the same journey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.