Naomi Layzell signs

Mon Autre

Didn't see this one coming but we've signed 20 year old Bristol City CB Naomi Layzell today!

We definitely needed more cover there but I'm pleasantly surprised we've signed such a highly rated young player. Just hope we can help continue her development and it leads to some meaningful game time!

Born 29th Feb 2004..... Does that make her 5 years old, technically?

Not heard of her before, but she sounds a really good prospect, good signing that.

Born 29th Feb 2004..... Does that make her 5 years old, technically?

Not heard of her before, but she sounds a really good prospect, good signing that.

I haven't seen her play much but her name is one I saw mentioned a lot by WSL fans and writers last season in terms of being one of the best young defenders in the country. Seems really highly rated and was invited to train with the senior England squad last year too. Won't have been easy playing for Bristol last season but she still managed to shine and she's been around their first team for a few years now even though she's very young.

Just hope she doesn't find her career stifled at City like other young players have. It would be good for us and good for the England team if Taylor finds a way to actually start using more of his squad and give players like this meaningful minutes.

Another good signing for the squad. Been pretty impressed by the recruitment this year. Filled the spots I was hoping to get cover for after the departures of the last couple of years. Some prmising young talent we have now. Hope we can get them all some decent game time. The only real position I think we don't have depth for is at DM and I wonder who we'll use there if (god forbid) Hasegawa gets injured (or even suspended).

Another good signing for the squad. Been pretty impressed by the recruitment this year. Filled the spots I was hoping to get cover for after the departures of the last couple of years. Some prmising young talent we have now. Hope we can get them all some decent game time. The only real position I think we don't have depth for is at DM and I wonder who we'll use there if (god forbid) Hasegawa gets injured (or even suspended).

Yeah I think the recruitment has been excellent and the squad is good enough to challenge on all fronts now. If we end the season empty handed then the manager has to take responsibility. Definitely don't have a like for like back up for Hasegawa but there's enough experience and talent in there to shuffle the pack if needed.

Yeah I think the recruitment has been excellent and the squad is good enough to challenge on all fronts now. If we end the season empty handed then the manager has to take responsibility. Definitely don't have a like for like back up for Hasegawa but there's enough experience and talent in there to shuffle the pack if needed.
Hasegawa is the female equivalent of Rodri, in that you’d be hard pressed to find a deputy, who is as good..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.