Naomi Layzell signs

Hasegawa is the female equivalent of Rodri, in that you’d be hard pressed to find a deputy, who is as good..

Yep couldn't agree more. There is no "understudy" out there. Rather than having back up with a massive drop off in standard, the answer is to have other world class players playing alongside both of them who can adapt if needed. We were in a similar situation with Bunny but bringing Miedema helps as she plays a different roll but can take on goalscoring responsibilities

Interesting new additions to the team which seem progressive and positive.

I only hope that they get opportunities under Taylor's management, because despite their position in the league last season, I still have concerns over his judgement and decision making.

Fingers crossed .

I think the 2nd best option would be Aleixandri, but moving her brings another issue.

Yep, although Aleixandri was used moved to cover fullback positions towards the end of the season with Alanna Kennedy getting more game time at CB, so i guess there are options. Fingers crossed Aleixandri is actually staying though. Wouldn't rule out a late Barca move if the Walsh to Arsenal deal goes through (i'd just keep her regardless and let her leave on a free at the end of the season)

I was responding to the post that said she would 5 years old. What I meant to say was she would be 4 years old. You're not one where you're born, so as you say it would be her 5th birthday.
5th birthday.

2008, 2012, 2016, 2020 and this year.

She sounds like a top prospect. I know there’s a long way to go yet, but we could have a CB partnership of Naomi and Gracie prior for years.

Well I, for one, will not get my hopes, at all.

I have a strong feeling she's only replaced the excellent Ruby Mace who hardly got a kick in anger to show what she could do.

I never saw enough of Ruby Mace to agree that she was excellent, but if she was, and was held back by Taylor, I'd expect her to have gone somewhere better than Leicester. She still could come good given time, obviously.

I never saw enough of Ruby Mace to agree that she was excellent, but if she was, and was held back by Taylor, I'd expect her to have gone somewhere better than Leicester. She still could come good given time, obviously.

She needed a few games to to show her worth as a CB/ DM. I thought from I did see she had strength, a reading of the game, and a simplicity of pass, so no Hollywood shit.

I think her experience of a 'top team' has made her want to prove herself with regular displays at a 'lower' team and get herself looked at.

Might have done the same, to be honest. It is what it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.