Naomi Osaka refusing to speak to the media - Is she right or wrong?

Why do you care so much?
I have the suspicion, and it is no more than than a possibiity, that a narrative is being woven which does not have the ring of truth. Mental health should not be weaponised to further an individual's agenda.
We will probably never know the full truth, but ask yourself this:
This saga started when she wrote to the organisers saying she would not do press. Did she say then that the reason was that she was suffering from depression? We dont know, but, if she did, the organisers response was crass to say the least. Hmmm, I don't know but someone does.
Also, why did her sister make a long statement only to withdraw it 24 hrs later?
My antennae react when ppl say " oh, I didn't mean that, I misspoke."
Truth is often manipulated, but this saga gives the impression of ppl making it up as they go along.

I have the suspicion, and it is no more than than a possibiity, that a narrative is being woven which does not have the ring of truth. Mental health should not be weaponised to further an individual's agenda.
We will probably never know the full truth, but ask yourself this:
This saga started when she wrote to the organisers saying she would not do press. Did she say then that the reason was that she was suffering from depression? We dont know, but, if she did, the organisers response was crass to say the least. Hmmm, I don't know but someone does.
Also, why did her sister make a long statement only to withdraw it 24 hrs later?
My antennae react when ppl say " oh, I didn't mean that, I misspoke."
Truth is often manipulated, but this saga gives the impression of ppl making it up as they go along.

Take a break. I think you are overthinking this far too much, that's not healthy behaviour.

She evidently is a very introverted person with social anxiety, and so naturally very uncomfortable in press conferences.

Another thing with social anxiety is that you often relive the awkward moments and conversations and think about what you should have said instead, or shouldn't have said etc.

Why waste energy on all of that when she probably just wants to focus on her tennis game and make improvements to bring her soft court tennis up to the same winning standard?

Take a break. I think you are overthinking this far too much, that's not healthy behaviour.

She evidently is a very introverted person with social anxiety, and so naturally very uncomfortable in press conferences.

Another thing with social anxiety is that you often relive the awkward moments and conversations and think about what you should have said instead, or shouldn't have said etc.

Why waste energy on all of that when she probably just wants to focus on her tennis game and make improvements to bring her soft court tennis up to the same winning standard?
Well, at least I am not blaming racism for the criticism of her, which the Grauniad managed to do!! https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...y-questions-tennis?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

She can do what she likes, it's her life.

Unless she is contracted she signed to make an appearance and speak then no issue with her refusal.

Maybe now's a good time for the media to stop and think if what Osaka said is true, and maybe they need to reflect on some of their reporting practices.

Of course, that won't happen.

Wonder what stablehands feel shovelling shit every day. Surely that's not good for their mental health but they still do it.
I spent months shovelling shit on a farm in my teens. I loved every minute of it. I'd change a lot if I could go back, but that wouldn't be one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.