Napoli atmosphere...................

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
Having read a seperate topic on Napoli away, it seems that the Napoli fans are a passionate bunch who will make a great deal of noise at the Etihad Stadium.
I for one will be going home without said voice and I implore every bugger to do the same, lets make a proper atmosphere that they will remember and which might stand us in good stead when we visit their place.
In view of the scare mongering about Naples and it's fans on other topics, lets do ourselves a favour and give them a great welcome to Manchester (I've no doubt they would have seen the recent troubles in our city), make friends, show our passion for our great club, we will at least then be welcomed in their city and stadium with open arms and not knives up your jacksie....

DS-Hows the gardening going mate? It's Al

Not bad mate, but not as good as City...................!!!

vitty said:
Santiago Street . said:
Do you honestly think that the same dirtballs who'll be lying in wait for any stray englishmen in naples will be at eastlands ?

Exactly.

At Eastlands, you'll get a few pizza takeaway owners from around the UK who's uncle's mum's cousin's dog supported Napoli 'back home'.

They won't be the same lads as the ones who'll spend all day slashing you up in Naples.

It's quite simple really: If you don't want any mither, go to Sorrento with the Sport Options tour crowd.

If you're up for it, fuck them and stand your ground.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9uwjDe31qQ&feature=related[/youtube]
In fact what you will find is that all the Napolitani in the away section at Eastlands will be ALL be from Napoli....they will oversubscribe their allocation 3-4 times. The ex-pats in this country will not be able to get tickets (even online) as the tickets will only be sold at San Paolo with production of identication. They like a nice sing outside the stadium. I felt totally at ease as I filmed this mob beginning to group up and yes they will fight if attacked but really they are happy to sing and enjoy the occasion. It is a shame that it only takes a handful to ruin it for all
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu2qE22eAN0[/youtube]

and here is some more inside Upton Park
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXF0Vb8Qppo&feature=related[/youtube]

Can we delete this thread....I mean I am no hooligan or anything (not even hard) but I wouldnt kiss someones arse because I am scared to get into a fight...isnt that what this is about?

Dont we have a firm capable of taking care of themselves.....seems a bit embarrassing this.

BigBarry said:
Can we delete this thread....I mean I am no hooligan or anything (not even hard) but I wouldnt kiss someones arse because I am scared to get into a fight...isnt that what this is about?

Dont we have a firm capable of taking care of themselves.....seems a bit embarrassing this.
A firm?! It's 2011! 95% of all football clubs in the country don't have firms worth even a mention anymore. And if they do they aren't exactly in a position to take care of themselves against seriously dangerous (and we're talking much more serious and dangerous than anything ever seen in English football ever) firms from around Europe. Napoli aren't the Men In Black, Napoli are amongst Europe's top lot.

If we act like dicks with this lot in two weeks time, they'll be after ANY City fans back at their place to get revenge. So a bit of good hospitality by us Mancunians wouldn't go amiss!

Its been a long time that I have been around (emigrated) so excuse me. I am shocked that we dont have a firm anymore!

Sorry..but anyone who thinks Napoli fans who will be at our place are gonna be your local pizza joint owners or ice cream sellers are wrong.

They will bring all mostly fans from Italy. They are one of the most vociferous set of fans going. I hope that it all passes off peacefully-especially as my 11 yr old lad will be experiencing his 1st Champs league game at the Etihad,but if the PSG game is anything to go by in the europa then I doubt it.

I know this as I was out in Italy in 94 and travelled to Naples and took in a few games whilst working out there. Naples is seen as the butt of Italy,the poor area and that is why they are passionate about everything to do with Naples. I loved the place and Sorrento,Amalfi,Positano are all beautiful as is the Island of Capri.

Anyway-so cant wait for the 14th....Even my mam wants a ticket!!!

danburge82 said:
We have a great chance to make good friends with them at our ground in two weeks time. It will stand all going to the away tie in good stead, or at least better stead if they know we're a decent set of fans.

So to all you little muppets who are about 3 stone wet through, who have never had a fight in your life, who live your football supporting life by throwing wanker signs and shouting "come on then" at opposing fans on the other side of the stewards; think on! Or to any idiots like those who stabbed that fan after the West Ham game last season; think on! Your actions could affect innocent shirt and scarf wearing fans and families over in Napoli for the away tie.

Let's treat them with respect and decency, let's have a few drinks with them before the game and invite them for a few drinks in town afterwards, let's swap a few scarfs and show them we are a good bunch... and hopefully they'll do the same for us over there.

Jesus Christ, shall we cheer if they score as well?

BigBarry said:

When did we have a 'firm' the size of some of the Italy clubs, never let me tell you. Having travelled the world with England to over 40 away games, unless you travel with a mass group such as England there are only a few firms that can put numbers together like the italians. We are not one of them, its 2011 not the 70's/80s

Hi everyone, I'm Seb, I'm half english and half napoletano. I've supported Napoli all my life and really looking forward to both our first Champions League game ever. I lived in Italy most of my life, mainly up north but my family are originally from Napoli. I'm not that suprised of your concerns awaiting the fans or even of your fears of the away trip to the south of Italy, as its the same in Italy. I can assure you no organised group will come here to start trouble. They will be very loud all day long, but unless provoked, no violence will be seen. I cannot assure you that some petty thugs will follow suit though. Unfortunately we always seem to get a bad name for these peoples actions, but I can assure you this is happening less and less, and improving every season. You have the chance, as the first game is in Manchester, to welcome us and make us feel at home, and I can promise that in Napoli you will be treated like friends. Neopilitans have a very strong sense of friendship and are very loyal. I was disappointing in reading a few negative comments on the city, but if you get the chance to visit, and look beyond the rubbish (which isn't the peoples fault) and maybe some poverty, and let your heart open to a very charismatic city. Its full of art, history, religion, the bay(Amalfi, Sorrento and Capri) has some of the most beautiful spots in ther world. The place has a vibe, which is difficult for any city in europe, maybe in the world to match. The people are spontaneous, genorous and very welcoming. Please give the city and the people a chance.
Lets hope that its a good game, and that we both qualify FORZA NAPOLI and FORZA CITY

19N26 said:
Hi everyone, I'm Seb, I'm half english and half napoletano. I've supported Napoli all my life and really looking forward to both our first Champions League game ever. I lived in Italy most of my life, mainly up north but my family are originally from Napoli. I'm not that suprised of your concerns awaiting the fans or even of your fears of the away trip to the south of Italy, as its the same in Italy. I can assure you no organised group will come here to start trouble. They will be very loud all day long, but unless provoked, no violence will be seen. I cannot assure you that some petty thugs will follow suit though. Unfortunately we always seem to get a bad name for these peoples actions, but I can assure you this is happening less and less, and improving every season. You have the chance, as the first game is in Manchester, to welcome us and make us feel at home, and I can promise that in Napoli you will be treated like friends. Neopilitans have a very strong sense of friendship and are very loyal. I was disappointing in reading a few negative comments on the city, but if you get the chance to visit, and look beyond the rubbish (which isn't the peoples fault) and maybe some poverty, and let your heart open to a very charismatic city. Its full of art, history, religion, the bay(Amalfi, Sorrento and Capri) has some of the most beautiful spots in ther world. The place has a vibe, which is difficult for any city in europe, maybe in the world to match. The people are spontaneous, genorous and very welcoming. Please give the city and the people a chance.
Lets hope that its a good game, and that we both qualify FORZA NAPOLI and FORZA CITY
well said see you at the etihad , forza napoli !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.