Napoli atmosphere...................

19N26 said:
Hi everyone, I'm Seb, I'm half english and half napoletano. I've supported Napoli all my life and really looking forward to both our first Champions League game ever. I lived in Italy most of my life, mainly up north but my family are originally from Napoli. I'm not that suprised of your concerns awaiting the fans or even of your fears of the away trip to the south of Italy, as its the same in Italy. I can assure you no organised group will come here to start trouble. They will be very loud all day long, but unless provoked, no violence will be seen. I cannot assure you that some petty thugs will follow suit though. Unfortunately we always seem to get a bad name for these peoples actions, but I can assure you this is happening less and less, and improving every season. You have the chance, as the first game is in Manchester, to welcome us and make us feel at home, and I can promise that in Napoli you will be treated like friends. Neopilitans have a very strong sense of friendship and are very loyal. I was disappointing in reading a few negative comments on the city, but if you get the chance to visit, and look beyond the rubbish (which isn't the peoples fault) and maybe some poverty, and let your heart open to a very charismatic city. Its full of art, history, religion, the bay(Amalfi, Sorrento and Capri) has some of the most beautiful spots in ther world. The place has a vibe, which is difficult for any city in europe, maybe in the world to match. The people are spontaneous, genorous and very welcoming. Please give the city and the people a chance.
Lets hope that its a good game, and that we both qualify FORZA NAPOLI and FORZA CITY
Great stuff! I can't wait for our games. Hopefully they'll be good. I actually don't like Bayern München, their club has spent months slagging City off so I hope they finish bottom of the group. I'm indifferent about Villarreal. So yeah hopefully the two teams in Sky Blue can qualify, would be great!

you lot make it out as if we dont have any lads..... if you dont want it you wont usually get it... no doubt there will be a set of lads goin out to naples for a scrap.

like i said in another thread its poznan all over again... makes me cringe, get behind the lads as per usually and have the same old banter as usual.

city dont worry, bout a thing

Santiago Street . said:
Do you honestly think that the same dirtballs who'll be lying in wait for any stray englishmen in naples will be at eastlands ?
You don't know much about Napoli fans, do you?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZY5wyWHfCI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZY5wyWHfCI</a>

In Italy our fans ALWAYS travel and fill the away fans stands and sometimes overtake their stands. That's who we are.

1_barry_conlon said:
Santiago Street . said:
Do you honestly think that the same dirtballs who'll be lying in wait for any stray englishmen in naples will be at eastlands ?

Nail on head. Anyone who thinks the majority of Neopolitans who attend coms for the game are still resident in the slum that is Naples are seriously naive. Ultras my arse,they rarely travel for away games in their own country never mind coming here so lets bury this notion they travel shall we?
The ones coming will be British based.
You don't follow much SerieA I take it. Expect the away stands to be packed. ;)

if napoli fans come to our home town of manchester and start to take the piss then they will be dealt with just like if it was the other way around.

Ultras are not Hooligans, they sing not stab. Liverpool fans got confused with this, they support the team passionately they have banter with the opposition and they don't like the police. Ultras do not look for trouble with the other team, they wear scarves and club shirts un like the moronic cowards who cause trouble a football matches who do not wear colours. Hooligans have no interest in the game, or supporting their team they do not sing or sometimes even attend the matches. They are not mugs they will defend themselves if attacked but they will not come to Manchester for the sole intention of causing trouble. Ultras allow females, the elderley and young children to join them. Neopoltitans are extremely proud of their city, as hard as it is to believe just like us scousers. This means they do not like thousands of opposition fans wandering round their city singing songs and generally taking the piss, which City fans won't do. Contary to belief, they is rarely trouble at serie a matches. Generally the only trouble will happen in derbies and Napoli v Juventus similar to english football. People consistently confuse Ultras and Hooligans. The main rule about being a Ultra is supporting your team just like Aris did at your place last year. Napoli generally get on with smaller italian clubs it's only Juventus, Roma, and Lazio they have a problem with.

danburge82 said:
BigBarry said:
Can we delete this thread....I mean I am no hooligan or anything (not even hard) but I wouldnt kiss someones arse because I am scared to get into a fight...isnt that what this is about?

Dont we have a firm capable of taking care of themselves.....seems a bit embarrassing this.
A firm?! It's 2011! 95% of all football clubs in the country don't have firms worth even a mention anymore. And if they do they aren't exactly in a position to take care of themselves against seriously dangerous (and we're talking much more serious and dangerous than anything ever seen in English football ever) firms from around Europe. Napoli aren't the Men In Black, Napoli are amongst Europe's top lot.

If we act like dicks with this lot in two weeks time, they'll be after ANY City fans back at their place to get revenge. So a bit of good hospitality by us Mancunians wouldn't go amiss!

most teams have firms mate they just go under the radar and kick off elswere, i know of 3 city firms at the moment<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:12 pm --<br /><br />i realy dont get why everyone is scared. if you can survive milwall in the 80s then you can survive anywere else in the world... so my dad says. (ok maybe exept boca v river plate)

enough of all this hooligan/firm shit, its getting boring now!
this shouldnt be overshadowing our first game in the champions league! this is something we should be overly excited about not scared!!
i for one will be in block 116 handing out confetti for when the teams enter the pitch
and i will be waving my city flag! and hope we can match the fantastic atmosphere the napols will surely bring to eastlands!

i say city fans should bring all there flags from the cup final and make this one hell of an occasion!
just like we did for wembley!

CTID!

Does anyone know what happened at Anfield when they played each other (was it last year?)

I remember a couple of scousers getting stabed over there, but I vaguley remember there being some trouble outside Anfield

One thing is certain, if you guys welcome us we will welcome you. Liverpool fans offended us when they visited looking for trouble on their visit then did the same at their grounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.