Napoli away is going to be a bit barmy

Thaksinssoldier said:
There's another good thread on it from a while back with loads of info.

I was there once.you couldnt pay me to go back.it's lethal.

People think the Mafia and Napoli fans are bad, wait until they meet the local police.

It's rich pickings. PUT YOUR MONEY IN YOUR SHOES BEFORE ENTRY INTO THE STADIUM.

SPEND ALL YOUR EURO COINS - THEY TAX THEM AT THE GATE WITH BUCKETS, UNDER THE GUISE OF SAFETY.

I'd go as far as to say no female should be making this trip.

I grew up in Moss Side, Naples makes it feel like Mottram St Andrew in comparison.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

People think the Mafia and Napoli fans are bad, wait until they meet the local police.

SPEND ALL YOUR EURO COINS - THEY TAX THEM AT THE GATE WITH BUCKETS, UNDER THE GUISE OF SAFETY.

I grew up in Moss Side, Naples makes it feel like Mottram St Andrew in comparison.
So you going with Spike or Thomas Cook?

SWP's back said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

So you going with Spike or Thomas Cook?

Ha ha!

I'll be at home eating Fava beans with a nice bottle of Chianti

It was bad enough in Rome with England in October 1997.

Plenty of the old Vespa hit squad trying to pick off drunken stragglers who'd left the pack, looking for easy pickings and the smell of English blood.

A mountain of belts and batteries that were confiscated on the way in, never seen anything like it.

The ‎polizia using electric cattle prods on us coming out of the ground just as a bit of sport and looking for a reaction, this was after we were kept in one hour after the game, great fun.

We got the result though and that hurt them even more lol

Be careful Blues and stick together, that's all i can say....................

feedthegoat2009 said:
is anybody flyin to rome on the tuesday flight, im thinkin of doing it as it 23 quid return but dunno if i wanna go on me own

£23 return, who's that with??
We're flying stanstead / rome then getting the train - flight was £68 though with all the taxes.

I've said this on the 'Napoli away' thread but I'll say it again for those that missed it. On matchday there will be upto 1700 police on duty (4 times the amount we use in England for a category A game).
The Neapolitans sing ' Romanista Poliziotto' ( Roman Police ) to the Roma fans when they travel to Rome. All the fans in Italy see the Roman Police as Ultras in uniform who do the bidding of their gutless fans.
Now the Napoli Police WILL BE absolutely great towards you City boys make no mistake about that. You will be so well protected and they will treat you with respect and courtesey on matchday. Put this one to bed now.
If you have worries about safety away from the matchday I'll post advice nearer the time so that you get a feel for this very unique City. Do's and don'ts etc.
For those that are going you are in for an absolute treat. The Ultras of the Curva A and Curva B will put on a pre-match choreography for you (get cameras ready). You will have Curva A to your immediate right, and Curva B to your left (usually the best show). Both Curvas are very loud and it will remind a lot of you old school fans how great football was in the old days. You are free to stand, ignore the seat number and sit with your mates, have a fag, and yes you are allowed to enjoy yourselves. No stewards getting on your t*ts, they'll be the otherside of the perspex. In fact you'll love the freedom so much you'll want to go back.
San Paolo is a real football experience even Italian commentators (biased as hell) concede that no other fans can generate the Neapolitan passion. Go to this city with the purpose of enjoying the experience rather than going with fear. More on that later.

-- Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:27 pm --

One week of God....Napoli strike Villareal and Inter in 5 days

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hywjimiVbJ4[/youtube]

pete1201 said:
I've said this on the 'Napoli away' thread but I'll say it again for those that missed it. On matchday there will be upto 1700 police on duty (4 times the amount we use in England for a category A game).
The Neapolitans sing ' Romanista Poliziotto' ( Roman Police ) to the Roma fans when they travel to Rome. All the fans in Italy see the Roman Police as Ultras in uniform who do the bidding of their gutless fans.
Now the Napoli Police WILL BE absolutely great towards you City boys make no mistake about that. You will be so well protected and they will treat you with respect and courtesey on matchday. Put this one to bed now.
If you have worries about safety away from the matchday I'll post advice nearer the time so that you get a feel for this very unique City. Do's and don'ts etc.
For those that are going you are in for an absolute treat. The Ultras of the Curva A and Curva B will put on a pre-match choreography for you (get cameras ready). You will have Curva A to your immediate right, and Curva B to your left (usually the best show). Both Curvas are very loud and it will remind a lot of you old school fans how great football was in the old days. You are free to stand, ignore the seat number and sit with your mates, have a fag, and yes you are allowed to enjoy yourselves. No stewards getting on your t*ts, they'll be the otherside of the perspex. In fact you'll love the freedom so much you'll want to go back.
San Paolo is a real football experience even Italian commentators (biased as hell) concede that no other fans can generate the Neapolitan passion. Go to this city with the purpose of enjoying the experience rather than going with fear. More on that later.

-- Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:27 pm --

One week of God....Napoli strike Villareal and Inter in 5 days

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hywjimiVbJ4[/youtube]
Great post Pete.

I can't fucking wait for this trip.

I've been Juve a couple of times and I've been to teh Milan Derby before. The Ultras choreography prior to the game is immense. I'm sure this will be a different, we say gravy, you might say bolognese?

Can you recommend any clubs in Naples?

Well smoke and flares are illegal in Italian football grounds but you won't see any shortage of them. I've had them go off all round me in the 'Distinti' stand and no-one bats an eyelid. Stewards in Napoli do not eject people.
You will see plenty of pyro technics at the stadium so scan all round the stadium as the teams come out and you will see lots of little groups all putting on their own shows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.