Napoli away is going to be a bit barmy

mcfcliam said:
Pete, cheers for the advice.

Just one thing...what are the stewards/police like when it comes to flares and smoke?

Do you mean where can we buy some from and how do we smuggle them into the stadium?

pete1201 said:
I've said this on the 'Napoli away' thread but I'll say it again for those that missed it. On matchday there will be upto 1700 police on duty (4 times the amount we use in England for a category A game).
The Neapolitans sing ' Romanista Poliziotto' ( Roman Police ) to the Roma fans when they travel to Rome. All the fans in Italy see the Roman Police as Ultras in uniform who do the bidding of their gutless fans.
Now the Napoli Police WILL BE absolutely great towards you City boys make no mistake about that. You will be so well protected and they will treat you with respect and courtesey on matchday. Put this one to bed now.
If you have worries about safety away from the matchday I'll post advice nearer the time so that you get a feel for this very unique City. Do's and don'ts etc.
For those that are going you are in for an absolute treat. The Ultras of the Curva A and Curva B will put on a pre-match choreography for you (get cameras ready). You will have Curva A to your immediate right, and Curva B to your left (usually the best show). Both Curvas are very loud and it will remind a lot of you old school fans how great football was in the old days. You are free to stand, ignore the seat number and sit with your mates, have a fag, and yes you are allowed to enjoy yourselves. No stewards getting on your t*ts, they'll be the otherside of the perspex. In fact you'll love the freedom so much you'll want to go back.
San Paolo is a real football experience even Italian commentators (biased as hell) concede that no other fans can generate the Neapolitan passion. Go to this city with the purpose of enjoying the experience rather than going with fear. More on that later.

Cheers for the posts and info Pete, I'm fed up of reading negative stuff on here about this trip, I love Italy and I'm looking forward to my first trip to the south of the country. Spending 3 days in Naples and then back to Rome for another couple of days before flying back.

I was impressed with the Napoli fans who came to our place, from what I saw they seemed passionate rather than aggressive or violent.

Reply @The Ghost.... Sorry mate..I know they have them coz their youngsters like a boogey aswell, but I'm a bit long in the tooth for all that...I'm there for the food, football and culture. It might be worth a Google, but I'd say clubs, alcohol, and footy fans could be a toxic mixture on this journey!!!!!
However street life is great, and if the sun is out you can sit outside some bar and admire some real latin beauties!!!

pete1201 said:
Reply @The Ghost.... Sorry mate..I know they have them coz their youngsters like a boogey aswell, but I'm a bit long in the tooth for all that...I'm there for the food, football and culture. It might be worth a Google, but I'd say clubs, alcohol, and footy fans could be a toxic mixture on this journey!!!!!
However street life is great, and if the sun is out you can sit outside some bar and admire some real latin beauties!!!

Welcome back Pete :o)

Reply @ lancs blue.... I love this culture and I have been all over Italy but now I will only ever go to Napoli. Fascinating people just to watch...food is great, best take a little dictionary with you so that you can understand the menus!!!
Always eat where you see the locals queuing at lunchtime...it means its good and its reasonable.
The fans are extremely passionate and 99% of them are great...I'll go into detail on the others on a later post<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:21 pm --<br /><br />Hi bilboblu thanks again mate for all your efforts...hope to see you there!!!

Bilboblue said:
fingers crossed I get a ticket, you will definitely see me there. I might pester ya for one in with the Napoli fans if I miss out!

hahahahaha!!! But you'll have to sit on your hands Billy!!!!!

bluearmy77 said:
if u act like a shitbag u get treated like a shitbag so man up lads come on city
sleeping-on-train.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.