Napoli (Away) Pre Match Thread

Napoli v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Law of averages say we’re bound to lose one somewhere in between a good run ... I have a feeling most of us would take it here in CL away rather than in the league or a domestic cup game that puts us out of a competition.

But then would one upset be a one-off or become cause of concern for the next game (momentum and all that) ... surely in the bigger scheme of things you can’t look at this game on its own without considering the weekend game against Arsenal ...

A draw here won’t be so bad if we win at the weekend ... but two wins out of two would be just what would send a serious message across the country and across Europe before all go away on international break!

Law of averages say we’re bound to lose one somewhere in between a good run ... I have a feeling most of us would take it here in CL away rather than in the league or a domestic cup game that puts us out of a competition.

But then would one upset be a one-off or become cause of concern for the next game (momentum and all that) ... surely in the bigger scheme of things you can’t look at this game on its own without considering the weekend game against Arsenal ...

A draw here won’t be so bad if we win at the weekend ... but two wins out of two would be just what would send a serious message across the country and across Europe before all go away on international break!

A draw against Napoli would be a great result.

It keeps them 6 points behind us with the minnow at home to come and virtually guarantee top spot.

Will be our first loss of the season. Don't think it'll make much difference in grand scheme of things, though as we've already gotten a foot in the door.

Arsenal the way bigger game in my eyes.

I think this is a game we can afford to lose, having beaten them already once.

Win here and we all but guarantee top spot so can then send a scratch squad to shakhtar before the Derby which will be a bigger game than arsenal.
Go full strength

Hope we come away with a win, they will be looking for revenge after the pummelling at our place. Pack the midfield and play fast, move them around to chase the ball.
I really want us to destroy arsenal. Keep our big guns fresh for that.

A point is all we need from this game, obviously we shouldn't do a Jose, we'll go to win but I'd take a draw now, that would mean that a win v Feyenoord would put us through for sure I think. Although, a win does take us through but Napoli away will be a very tough game, we saw their ability at the Etihad and they're still picking up wins domestically, the ground will be intense but we can deal with it, we have had some very good away games recently in the Champions League, Roma, Sevilla and Bayern spring to mind and to replicate those would be ideal. However, I expect the performance to be better and much less complacent against Napoli than against WBA and we should get chances. Should be a great game. Also, it would be a good night for Sergio to (finally) break the record.

I assume we'll go with the strongest available side.

Personally I'd rather make sure we do all we can to win the Arsenal game, whatever it takes. We've got two easier CL games than this one left, but we can't afford to drop points in the league. I might be in the minority but personally I'd rather we won the title than the CL. I know the club don't see it that way though.

I assume we'll go with the strongest available side.

Personally I'd rather make sure we do all we can to win the Arsenal game, whatever it takes. We've got two easier CL games than this one left, but we can't afford to drop points in the league. I might be in the minority but personally I'd rather we won the title than the CL. I know the club don't see it that way though.
I don't think your in the minority mate. Title always comes first for me too. Although i want a good run in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.