Napoli (Away) Pre Match Thread

Napoli v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A draw would do me, can't see us resting players though and i think we'll put out our strongest side.
Looking ahead to the Gooners game, can see us being tired as they'll be able to play a shadow side on Thursday in the Europa and rest players

Draw will be fine. The Arsenal game is a chance to put one of our top six rivals out of the title race for good.

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Stones
Danilo

Delph
Gundogan
Bernardo

Sterling
Aguero
Sane

David, KDB and Fern all given a weeks rest for the Arsenal game. Downside Danilo at left back?

I know it's a risk but I would rest KDB and Silva for the Arsenal game as they are arguably our 2 most important players and I thought they were both a bit off against West Brom.

Ederson
Walker Stones Otamendi Danilo
Fernandinho Gundogan Bernardo
Sterling Sané Aguero

An away game against a team that wants to play football probably suits us best particularly with our threat on the counter.
Expect Napoli to dominate us for large periods of the game but we'll pick them off to win.
Sané,Aguero & Raz upfront,Bernardo & Gundogan in midfield..De Bruyne & Silva need a break.

It just isn’t in the DNA of this squad/manager to play for a draw. Whatever the selection the game plan and playing style will be consistent. The manager and the players trust themselves to deliver a result playing the style we play. Can’t see the approach changing fundamentally or the selection.

I would be tempted to start Gundogan as I think he can be the glue holding things together. Bring him in for Bernardo Silva and that looks pretty balanced to me. Maybe Aguero for Jesus.

To be honest I am pretty relaxed that we have the personnel in all positions. Same appro@ch and game plan as the home leg against Napoli.

So hard to call this one. We tore them apart for the first half an hour in the last game but seemed to run out of steam. They showed they are a class act and it will be a very tough atmosphere to play in. Personally I do think the team will be phased by that. I think we should go with Sergio up top for this one and play Bernardo Silva. Play patient football and frustrate them. They need to win more than we do so let’s try and force their hand.

A draw here would mean we qualify for the last 16, even if we lose the next two in the group ... as if on equal points with Napoli in the end we’d edge them on head to head ... but obviously with Feyenoord to come at home, we’d be alright in the group in terms of still being able to top the group.

Although with so many strong teams in some groups and looking like finishing second, coming top this season might not lead to a favourable draw for the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.