Napoli Ticket at Ground

GXCity

We have just bought 3 Napoli tickets this morning using our STs. One of the lads going isn't the season ticket holder as he didnt have enough points today and as such his name isn't on the ticket. The club advised that checks are made at the ground by the police on your ticket and passport. Does this happen? Will he be refused entry? Or will the police simply want to get you in the ground as quickly as possible and not bother matching them? If you think there will be a problem he can buy using his ST tomorrow if not then we are sorted.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

They were checking all the tickets at Juve away last year. A friend of mine got in, she's a girl always seems to help, on a ticket that wasn't hers though I saw a couple of lads refused entry.

Why should the ticket have to match the name on the passport?
It's your ticket, your name on the line, if you can't make it then what's the problem letting another Blue go. A couple of times not been able to make a game at home this season, and have let mates use S/T rather than have an empty seat.

BornLate58 said:
Why should the ticket have to match the name on the passport?
It's your ticket, your name on the line, if you can't make it then what's the problem letting another Blue go. A couple of times not been able to make a game at home this season, and have let mates use S/T rather than have an empty seat.
Its what she said when I rang to buy the tickets. Never had this when Ive been abroad with City but I have never been to Italy

Agree with Bugsy, Juve tickets were checked at point of entry - heard of a couple of blues who didn't get in.
The other point I'd add is that with 2,900 tickets for Juve and the various concerns of many blues I talk to about Napoli and Naples I think anyone who wants a ticket for this one will get one irrespective of loyalty points.

It's a long way to go and a lot of money to spend to not get in because your details don't match when you should get a ticket really easily.
I wouldn't risk being a lone blue knocking around in Naples in the evening either.

Think they may be pretty stringent on this game. I've got tickets through my work for this game in the corporate section (we're one of the sponsors) and our Italy office had to get my name, date of birth and birthplace before issuing the tickets.

At Juve, my mate had a ticket without his name. At the turnstile he pretended he'd forgotten his passport and left it in the hotel. They weren't happy but eventually relented and let him in

I went to Juve, they didnt check my ticket.

Although had they have done, I would have been fine, a friend sorted the ticket and they put his name on in pen rather than printing it on the ticket. I went to staples and bought an ink erasing rubber, removed the name, and stuck my own on. Looked pretty mint.

I got checked at juve, had to show my driving license as i didnt want to take my passport because id probably lose it pissed up.

I think this is pretty standard in Italy. A few years ago I wnet to Udinese to watch there first ever game in the Champs lge against Panathanaikos. Not knowing the rules I turned up at the ground and they refused point blank to sell me a ticket without a passport even though I explained how far I had travelled.

Udinese were fantastic though, they asked me where my hotel was, and 20 mins later someone returned with my passport which was locked in the hotel safe.

Probably best not to risk it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.